1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Xenon/ merc or shade

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by shion, Oct 31, 2016.

1. shion

shion Member

For bossing and future content, which class would u invest on?

2. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Xenon can be kinda squishy. Cedes is over rated IMO. (Similar to AB, too many of them lol.) But I'm biasedly in favor of shade lol.

3. wacky

wacky Active Member

if u plan to master crafting for meister eqs (which is tedious but highly recommended)... to compensate for the squishiness of xenon i suggest to go for armor crafting... u will get tonnes of +DEF from set effects that will easily see your xenon thru...

just take AB... AB is consider one of the most squishy class... even more squishy than xenon... but my AB reset from pure STR to pure DEX after i gotten my DEF meister eqs set.... now she got plenty of DEF that can rival my DS...

regards,
    wacky

4. shion

shion Member

im vip 19 with enough funds to make 3 +12, not so worried about defense, just wondering if funding shade or xenon, which would be the better choice. I'm pms sea btw haha

5. shion

shion Member

i already have an ab but quite depressing to see xenon with a low vip having almost the same score as me. so.. thinking of swtiching class

6. wacky

wacky Active Member

oh wow... ic.... SEA has silently gotten xenon rebalanced in the last update... hence yes xenons are hitting as hard... if not harder than ABs.... personally i'd go with xenon if i were u (although liz will go with shade)... and since u are VIP 19 then it's a non-issue about being squishy...

regards,
    wacky

7. shion

shion Member

yea merc/xenon getting close or not better scores than me lolz. but shade has a better future if I'm not wrong for ultimate enhancement. thinking shade/xenon .. hmm

8. shion

shion Member

and i don't really see too many shades except lizzie. why is that so haha

Olivea likes this.
  9. wacky

wacky Active Member

why not consider DS...? if i am not wrong... got ppl mention b4 in kpms... DS are winning there... so if u talking about "better future" ... once DS get rebalanced with no-cooldown demon impact.. they are going to own...

regards,
    wacky

10. shion

shion Member

but DS cant own boss arena rn, either xenon/shade.. hmm idk which deals more dps with the same funding

11. wacky

wacky Active Member

not now... but after they are re-balanced (dunno when will global/SEA get it though) they own the boss arena...?

anyway... isn't the top player Synology in SEA a DS currently...? haha...

regards,
    wacky

12. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

I'm vip 19 as well :p buuuuut I'm not sure if sea is the same as global.

I've had a couple people tell me they don't bother putting effort into shade since they know I'll always keep improving my character and they get discouraged or feel like a noob. Which makes me sad cause I wanna have more bad ass shade buddies :D:rolleyes:

13. wacky

wacky Active Member

hey... i'd love to be a bad ass shade too once i get master crafting for him...! and of cos i know i cannot be as bad ass as u or many other shades... but i pride myself as a permanent VIP 0 and still competiting with other VIP players... hehe... i'm learning to love my shade too as i learn to use him to farm OSSS from GTW dungeon to complement my AB who farms in ruins dungeon...

regards,
    wacky

Olivea likes this.
  14. shion

shion Member

do u have a xenon? why did u choose shade over xenon?

15. shion

shion Member

his whole guild is hacking so he tops everything haha

16. wacky

wacky Active Member

oh... geez... that explains his almost maxed out +12 eqs... doesn't playpark do anything about him and his guild...? :/

global used to have hackers problem too... but i think nexon basically rooted the problem away mostly....?

regards,
    wacky

17. shion

shion Member

pjs sea doesn't do anything about it, boss arena is filled with hackers haha, anyway is shade good in farming, as in dungeon or is it as slow as merc

18. wacky

wacky Active Member

depends on dungeon... large dungeons like ToT it suxxxx cos it's not able to move around fast.... but small dungeons like in gorge it is excellent at farming...

regards,
    wacky

shion likes this.
  19. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Mostly. There are a few still lingering. A sad life they must live to have to resort to hack because they're just not good enough.

I have two xenons :) well actually I have a LOT of xenons since I used them to farm lower level stones on auto lol. But I have 2 that are 150 (actually one may still be 148 I dunno.) I wanted to love xenon. I wanted to turn one into a main on one of my accounts, but even after rebalance I just don't feel that it's a well balanced class unless you put a LOT of work into it. If you go the defense route with Meister you lose out on attack possibilities. Finding a blend of Dex/Str that makes you a tank but still gives you accuracy was tough. I dunno. Just ended up frustrating me more than anything.
    Shade was the opposite. It was smooth from the start aside from the jump. Well, coming up with an adequate build before we got the rebalance was a little challenging, but I made do. I do struggle with TOT dungeons if I'm by myself because of hour glasses. Otherwise, I clear dungeons with a quickness, just zipping around using spin slash. You get used to the jump. Or lack of jump. I call the jump a fairy fart hahahahah. Poof. Poof. Poof. That's what it looks like

shion likes this.
  20. shion

shion Member

mind sharing ur shade build? xd