1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Shade

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Arcane, May 22, 2016.

1. Esus

Esus New Member

You'll be fine going full strength. The equips and passives you'll get as you play give plenty of defense, mastery, and critical damage.

2. wacky

wacky Active Member

what about accuracy...? will it suffer the same fate as full STR DS in lack of accuracy...?

regards,
    wacky

3. Arcane

Arcane Active Member

I haven't tried it out, but it shouldn't be much of a problem late-game. I still recommend full dex for maximum defence and Mastery.

4. afsgfd

afsgfd Active Member

Hey all, here is an email I got as reply from PMS

Pocket MapleStory : This is an automated e-mail.

*** This is an automated email, please do not reply ***
    Unfortunately, this email is an automated notification.

We are happy to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Please contact us directly via In-Game CS Center or Web Support Page (Go to http://m.nexon.com

>Help and Support)
    Reply :
    Hello Adventurer,

This is Pocket MapleStory Support Team.

We apologize for the delay in our responses. We would like to kindly inform you that this problem was already fixed last May 31st. If you are still experiencing this issue, please reinstall the game using the latest version available in Google Play Store. Hope this helps and could serve as future reference.

If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately.

Regards,
    Pocket MapleStory Support Team
    ※ If you have screenshots of the error message or the problem, please attach it here.
    * Date & Time Occurred :
    * Ingame name (Member ID) :

* Inquiries (Please give us as much detail as possible):
    4th job death mark does not deal 35% damage. Instead deals 35 damage. Wasted my skill points but unwilling to reset for 2000candy. What a waste.

Please fix =)

Can anyone test out whether or not it really is 35% or 35 now? If so I'd gladly spend another 2000 candy (ugh) to reset and get the skill :)

5. wacky

wacky Active Member

ok... now that i am training my shade... was wondering about the vulpes leap:
    why doesn't it work too well..? i did not add anything to this yet... but i find that shade is annoying when moving since he cannot leap to the platform above...

regards,
    wacky

6. Snailwatcher

Snailwatcher Active Member

I can give you a few reasons for why it is annoying. It takes a lot of points to actually match the leap distance of the other classes like DS, AB, DB, but it is only horizontal distance. It can't be used to ascend vertically. Also, it is kind of difficult to catch a rope with it, but when you do, you HAVE to climb to the top. If you try to jump off, it won't let you.

Mobility for Shade is severely lacking. good thing he has a teleport which can be useful sometimes.

7. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Shade jump sucks. Bad. Like. Omg. Shade jump might be worse than mercedes jump. Howeverrrrrrr. My solution to this is when I'm dungeoning or farming, I just use Spin Slash to pull mobs to me :) I also avoid my inability to move very well by letting the auto combat features guide my movements and I just spam skills

8. wacky

wacky Active Member

i see... omg... horizontal distance is useless.. i need vertical distance....! one of the reasons why i didn't like mercedes is the lack of mobility... and one of the reasons why i love DS is his mobility...

but yeah the teleport is useful when manual training... although that requires you to like predict your jumps and sometimes your prediction fails because u are on the middle platform and there are mobs on the platform above and below... and u ended up in the wrong platform...

moreover... if u are simply want to get through a map ASAP... the teleport doesn't work quite well... when my shade was in magatia and wanted to go to the hidden map to AC... it was like OMG how do i get up there to the plaform where the entrance is...? in the end i have to jump on to the moving platform on the side and use that to move on to that platform...

regards,
    wacky

9. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Getting to Magatia hidden map was a struggle, that's for sure haahaa

10. wacky

wacky Active Member

i cannot imagine what it'll be like when it comes to orbis...!! D:

anyway i noticed an update to the announcement that says "the stats for xenon and shade will be reset after the maintenance so you can rebuild your skill tree according to the changes" .... and to think that i recently reset my skills to go full multi-laterals...! if i knew this was coming i could have just waited.. lol...

regards,
    wacky

11. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

No worries, they gave Xenon and Shade a free reset of skills :)

And holy crap, it was a gorgeous rebalance. It'll come for the other classes soon enough!

12. wacky

wacky Active Member

how did shade improve in the skills...? and did xenon/shade overtake any class in terms of DPS now...?

regards,
    wacky

13. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Essentially, shades got around 4-5x stronger

Before rebalancing, my spirit claw was doing 185-189k per line without pots. With pots, I would do 202-208k. Now, my spirit claw does ~800k without pots, ~879k with attack pots, and if I stack dex and the other power pot on top of powerhouse attack pots, I'm slamming through ~900k+ Spirit claws (all per line, so x8.) Before, Firefox Spirit was doing 60-80k, and now they're doing around ~130k ish each.
    Previously, shade needed Ground Pound for a skill req. Now we don't. So instead, I'm able to use Death Mark. Without pots, it's clearing ~2.4m. With pots, it's doing over 3m, plus ~923k poison damage as well.

The update was nice.

I'm excited to see the rebalance for other classes as well :D

14. wacky

wacky Active Member

so who is doing most damage now..? xenon..? shade...? or still mercedes...??

my xenon is definitely overpowering my AB now.. and i'm not even a top xenon... it gets more hilarous in guild battles... my mecha bomb does 30k x 3 dmg against the opponent that i would 1HKO anything that comes along....

regards,
    wacky

15. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Well. Currently I'm overall rank #1 in Boss Arena for the 2nd day in a row. (On my Shade.) For the moment :p Over the next couple of updates, all of the other classes will have rebalances as well. It's just a matter of time.

16. wacky

wacky Active Member

i tot the ranking of the boss arena is by class...? so naturally u will be the top shade... just like wegga is the top xenon...

regards,
    wacky

17. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

rewards are based on class ranking, but they also have an overall ranking leaderboard as well.

18. wacky

wacky Active Member

oh....!! hahaha didn't notice the overall rankings...

regards,
    wacky

19. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

20. wacky

wacky Active Member

urrr... possible hacker spotted...?? liz... someone out damage u in boss arena by a factor of over 8 times... and his eqs aren't exactly fab...

regards,
    wacky