1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Shade

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Arcane, May 22, 2016.

1. Arcane

Arcane Active Member

Hey guys, Arcane here, back with yet another guide! This one is for the upcoming class Shade, and will provide you with basic knowledge of this marvelous class!

SHADE STORYLINE
    Many centuries past, the sinister Black Mage left doom and destruction wherever he went. Only six brave heroes dared oppose him, including Shade, but the valiant efforts of these brave souls were not enough to defeat the Black Mage. With no options remaining, the Six Heroes sought to seal the Black Mage with powerful magic. However, a sacrifice was required to activate the seals. Shade volunteered and saved the world, but at a great cost: now the very memory of him has been forgotten. Today, Shade has been reborn in Fox Point Village, a distant land located in Grandis. Thanks to the kindness of the Pointy-Ear Foxes that live there, this forgotten hero has been brought back to the world of the living. This reawakening is bittersweet though, as Shade must come to terms with this new world, and the fact that most of his friends have been lost to time, just as he was. Shade’s main stat is Strength, and he uses Knuckles as his primary weapon – perfect for quick attacks. Shade can summon spirits to perform various attacks. Use the power of the spirits to aid you in battle! With Ground Pound, you can summon a nature spirit to punch the ground and damage multiple enemies. Using Spirit Claw will bring forth a wind spirit that can claw at enemies and pull them toward you in a fierce attack. Take control of Shade and rewrite history!

SHADE PROS AND CONS
    + Tanky. Has high defense.
    + Strong bosser.
    + No need for buffing.
    + Has bind skill
    – Lacks of party buff skills.
    – Little AoE skills.

STATS
    - All STR -
    This increases attack and is for people who train manually.
    - All DEX -
    This is the recommended build for Shade, as it increases defence to make autoing easier early on, and increases Mastery which raises your overall attack later on in mid-and-end-game.

- CONTINUED -

Dragonair likes this.
  2. Arcane

Arcane Active Member

SKILL BUILDS

- Spirit Claw Build/DPS Build -

- 1st Job -
    Screenshot_20160522-141713.jpg

- Cosmic Balance or Spirit Bond IV; former passive for extra health and defence and latter for higher damage.
    - Flash fist is a prerequisite for Blade Imp. It is recommended to be kept at level 1 until 2nd Job for minimal mana usage.
    - Vulpes Leap doesn't work too well, so it is better to keep it at 0. If a little boost is desired, put 2 points into it.

- 2nd Job -
    Screenshot_20160522-141730.jpg

-Knuckle Mastery is for increased Mastery.

- 3rd Job -
    Screenshot_20160522-141645.jpg

- Weaken is a must-have, because it puts a debuff onto your enemy, raising the attack of all party members.
    - Spirit Frenzy is a prerequisite for Fire Fox Spirits.

- 4th Job -

Screenshot_20160522-141749.jpg

- Expert Knuckle Mastery increases Mastery by 30% and CAR by 20%.

Leftover points can be applied to any skills.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  3. Arcane

Arcane Active Member

4. gankmebabe

gankmebabe Active Member

Good job arcane. keep up the good work.

Arcane likes this.
  5. Lamania

Lamania New Member

Thx y Arcane! Your guide help me so much on this game. Delete Mechanic for waiting Shade. Do y know when is Shade released? And which stat increa CR for him.

6. Arcane

Arcane Active Member

Thanks for the positive feedback! I am not entirely sure when Shade will be released, but as far as I know, since he is a Pirate, LUK will increase the Critical Rate.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  7. VigilanteNub

VigilanteNub New Member

Hello everyone!
    I just wanted to let you guys know, this guide is copied from another page. Almost the same.
    I have no intends to give @Arcane ANY harm, all i want to say is that this page needs to be cited.
    You can find lots of similar(and this one) guides on maplestory for Pocket upcoming classes or on pc in ayumilove.net
    Again, I have no intention to harm anyone, and please answer this comment if you think it is false. Thanks and Happy Mapling!

8. Demonocchio

Demonocchio Active Member

SHADE IS MALE. It's bugging me seeing everyone assume it's female just because of the hair. >.<

9. Snailwatcher

Snailwatcher Active Member

The "SHADE STORYLINE and "SHADE PROS AND CONS" was definitely taken from here
    http://ayumilove.net/maplestory-eunwol-skill-build-guide/

10. Arcane

Arcane Active Member

I create my guides to help those who can't find the information online themselves. If you guys have any problems, I can take this guide down. :)

11. MelvynCty

MelvynCty New Member

Thanks for the guide!

Anyone know what is the job advancements level??

Thonet likes this.
  12. xXBuztXx

xXBuztXx New Member

Hey do you think a 2 street 1 dex build would work as well for autoing? And would an all dex build cripple my damage significantly over a str build?
    Thanks!

13. daviddangtss

daviddangtss New Member

not so much hype for shade huh?...ok next char "Fire Mage"...

14. Esus

Esus New Member

I dig the shade. Fire mage is cool, I downloaded KPMS to try it out.

15. Ludi

Ludi New Member

Shade was pretty fun but I feel like he is pretty weak compared to the others. Maybe I was just spoiled with Mercedes damage lol his attacks are cool though.

16. wacky

wacky Active Member

17. Rafaelbaez

Rafaelbaez New Member

Can you give us the best auto combat places to train and where to train from different levels?
    Plz reply

18. Rafaelbaez

Rafaelbaez New Member

I'm unfunded so it's harder for me

19. VigilanteNub

VigilanteNub New Member

I appretiate that you have made this guide for Maplers with good intends. I do want to suggest that you source all things, even pictures, taken from other sources. All I want is for plagiarism to stop. Thank you for considering my message!
    -Sincerely,
    VigilanteNub

Arcane likes this.
  20. VigilanteNub

VigilanteNub New Member

To answer your question, there is no best place for shade. If you are going full autocombat, go full dex or one str and one dex. Dex is for autocombat as it gives more defence in order to survive longer. If you have hp steal on anything, it would be good to leave it autocombating on the whole day. For shade, if you have gone full dex, it is possible to train anywhere you wish as long as there are no spikes or spears which deal massive damage. Otherwise, you can look at other guides!