Shade Questions

Discussion in 'Equipment & Skills' started by Cake, Sep 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cake

Cake New Member

I have a two questions concerning two of Shade's skills.
    My char is currently at level 34.

1. Is it worth investing at least one point into Vulpes Leap? I don't mind losing out on mobility if it is an absolute waste, but if I would have at least one spare point by the time I get to 150, then it could be worth it.

2. Does his passive skill, Weaken, benefit the entire party?

2. Snailwatcher

Snailwatcher Moderator Staff Member

I think Vulpes Leap is a really lame mobility skill. It doesn't go far, it doesn't have vertical movement, and once you grab a rope, you are force to climb up. The whole party will benefit from Weaken. I'm not sure if a party of shades will get 4 stacks though. Try it out!

Cake likes this.
  3. Cake

Cake New Member

Aww, no vertical leap? At least weaken benefits everybody, imagine if it does stack :eek:

4. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

It doesn't stack, but is still pretty awesome ;)
    As far as the jump is concerned, you get used to it

Cake likes this.
  5. wacky

wacky Active Member

since i am playing shade now... i find that it's not that bad once i get used to relying on the skills to BRING the mobs to me... instead of me walking up them... with skills like downward slash brings mob on top down... and forward slash will bring mobs far away to right in front of you... moreover with the auto attacking spirits... it becomes more of that when playing shade manually... there is hardly a need to walk... unless u are really trying to move from one place to another...

regards,
    wacky

Cake likes this.
  6. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Yes exactly :) At level 150, I pretty much stick with the spin slash since it pulls from a pretty decent range! Also the length of attacks on spirit claw and death mark aren't too shabby either ;)

Cake likes this.
  7. wacky

wacky Active Member

oh ya.... spin slash is good mobbing skill...

btw... what will be the primary skills for bossing...? i'm lvl 138 now.. almost maxed out spirit claw... but don't have death mark yet... i used to be using spirit frenzy for bossing... but nowadays i am using spirit claw mostly as its dmg is getting better...

also... any idea how's the other set of skills (bomb punch/soul splitter etc) like compared with spirit frenzy build...?

regards,
    wacky

Cake likes this.
  8. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

This is the build that I use: http://m.blog.naver.com/chris0357/220523588524

I'm full str, but VIP19. If I had a lower VIP, I'd likely go full dex. (Especially if equips are questionable, because the accuracy on full str was rough to bring up to par.)
    Honestly, the skills I use the most are spirit claw and death mark. (And spin slash if I'm doing dungeons.) Prior to the rebalance, death mark was absolute trash. Now it's phenomenal. My death mark does over 3m damage initial hit, then almost 1m residual damages after.

I haven't tried the other skill set (bomb punch, etc.) I believe that @Erublack tried it though. I'm not sure if he kept that build, or if he changed back to the korean build. I wasn't a fan of ground pound pre-rebalance, so I figured I probably wouldn't like the other skill styles. If he hasn't tried it, I'd be happy to reskill, test it, and let you know what it's like.

Cake likes this.
  9. wacky

wacky Active Member

haha... dun worry... don't have to waste candies to reskill just to test out.... yeah i followed your build (and with pure DEX) because it was like... there wasn't like any guide for the other set of skills...

regards,
    wacky

Cake likes this.
  10. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Ahhh, I don't mind :) I'd make the candies back in a day of boss arena. I'll wait to see what Eru says and we'll go from there. I'm sure I can make a different build

Cake and wacky like this.
  11. Erublack

Erublack Active Member

I don't have that other build anymore. The other branch is too "busy" given the main skill keeps you grounded until it finishes. It slows your dps down in the end and you have problems like slow casting luminous.

In terms of damage, it does slightly more if the target was grounded and you didn't need to move, which rarely happens in boss arena, dojo etc.

If you have candies to spare you may like to try it out. It could suit your play style but not mine haha.

Cake and wacky like this.
  12. wacky

wacky Active Member

how wide is the area of effect...? is it like smaller area than the spirit claw combo of skills...?

regards,
    wacky

Cake likes this.
  13. Erublack

Erublack Active Member

Slightly further in front. Note that it only hits monsters in front of character like spirit claw, just a bit longer reach.

Cake likes this.