Sewing Table / Tailoring Overview

Discussion in 'Crafting, Fusing and Reinforcement' started by Olivea, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone. I've received several questions about the addition of the Sewing Table, so I'm just going to make a post here, in efforts to reduce repeating myself.

In short, sewing table is very similar to equipment fusing, except it's for cash shop fashion items. You have two options of table purchases: meso sewing tables (2mil mesos each) or candy sewing tables (2k candy each.) There is a discount for purchasing sewing tables in bulk. (48mil mesos for 30 sewing tables, or 48k candy for 30 premium sewing tables. Versus 60mil/60k candy it would cost individually. Aka a 20% discount.)

So what does this mean? Well, you can take your old rare cash shop equipment, sew it, and potentially turn it into higher grade equipment. Similar to fusing through the crafting merchant for standard equipment, the rolls appear to be pretty random. According to the descriptions, candy sewing tables have a higher chance of the equipment upgrading. I haven't done enough testing yet to determine what kind of chance that is, and if it's worth using the candy tables, or if meso tables will suffice. Will report back once I do more research. Here are some findings thus far:

[​IMG]

So how does it work? Let me show you:

First, you will need some fashion items and sewing tables. Head to the cash shop. The sewing tables have been added to the Enhancement tab, next to the scrolls. The purple sewing tables are meso tables; the pink tables are candy tables.

[​IMG]

Purchase whichever tables you prefer, and any items you may need for sewing, if you don't already have fashion items available. *Note, the fashion equips given through achievement rewards can not be tailored. Personally, I used a mix between fashion items obtained through the Cassandra events and purchased some of the face accessories (cheapest items available.)

Next, you will want to go into your equipment inventory, click on fashion, highlight the item you wish to sew, then click on Tailor on the right hand side.

[​IMG]

Select the two items that you wish to sew, along with the type of sewing table that you would like to sew them with.

[​IMG]

You will receive a confirmation screen regarding Scissors of Karma. Despite what this notification says, you can not use Scissors of Karma on fashion items at this time. I'm not sure if they intended to allow this, and just didn't unlock it, or if it wasn't intended for Global. You can, however, sew items with a full fashion inventory and shoot them into your mailbox to collect on another character. (If for whatever reason you really wanted to do that. Maybe you have a truck load of Cassandra items on an alt and want to send things to your main, or maybe you're shooting for relics. Different possibilities here.) Anywho, the confirmation screen, click yes:

[​IMG]

From there, you will get your result. Similar to regular equipment fusing, the items appear to be at random.

[​IMG]

So what items are available? If you look at the bottom, right hand side of the screen, you'll see a rotating menu similar to the featured cash shop items of the month that's in your standard inventory. It reads "This month's special tailoring items." When you click on that, it brings up the following screen, which you can click through to view the various items along with their stats and set effects, if applicable.

[​IMG]

In addition to questions, I've also run into a lot of people saying that this is just a candy pull, or another means of "pay to win." Yes and no. With the previous additions of boss arena, guild wars, daily achievements, etc, candy is incredibly easy to come by. The "pay to win" aspect for this particular feature is pretty much paying for the convenience of time. Keep mind that Nexon is a company, just like any other, that does require funding to continue to operate and grow. I know that many of you (myself included,) are really anxious for updates such as rebalance, PvP, etc, but please have some patience. All of the major and exciting content can't all be released at one time, or else we wouldn't have anything to look forward to.

Hopefully this gives a better in-depth look into sewing and gives you guys some insight of the ins-and-outs. Thanks.

emozaiii, Da3mon, wacky and 1 other person like this.
  2. Artemi

Artemi Member

Assuming one does BA with 9 characters everyday, averaging 5000 candy a day, you still wouldn't be able to cover the ~6000 candy cost of buying a table, 2 lowest cost fashion and fusing. Quite a bummer.

wacky likes this.
  3. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

So use meso tables.

Also, 2k sewing table + 1.3k candy x2 = 4.6k candy. Below your 5k average budget.

4. vLuna

vLuna New Member

I assuming L + L is needed for a chance at Relic?

5. Shallow

Shallow Member

L + U also works, but you might end up with a Unique.
    Chance is around 5-10% at current trials. (Very little data base, standard deviation is really big)

Olivea likes this.
  6. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Correct. I'll try to post some solid statistics once I gather more data.

Edit to add: L+L can also = Unique. Pray to the RNG Gods

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    emozaiii likes this.
  7. wacky

wacky Active Member

zzz i think i'll give this a miss even though i am sitting on a stash of over 170k candies... but i'm a hogger and i simply love accumulating $$$ for no good reason other than seeing the numbers grow... haha...

to me the stats of the fashion items aren't that fab to spend that amount of candies to buy... if they (sewing table/fashion items) were 1/10th the price perhaps i'll buy... i'll keep my candies mainly for chaos cubes...

and by the way are the stats of the fused fashion item fixed..?

regards,
    wacky

emozaiii and Olivea like this.
  8. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

I ended up throwing around 125k at it just so I could do some testing, have some ideas, etc. I think my approach to it is going to be building up a fashion inventory over time versus all at once. Thankfully, I have the patience of a saint.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    emozaiii likes this.
  9. gankmebabe

gankmebabe Active Member

That sewing thing is a rip off. I spent more than 40K candy for sewing and did not get a single upgrade from unique to legend. I actually got a downgrade sewing 2 unique and get a rare!

What a rip off! I can't imagine how much candy I need to buy to get a full relic set.

emozaiii likes this.
  10. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

It's all based on RNG. Maybe it's a ripoff, but again, Nexon is a company. They have to make money somehow. Please maintain patience.

11. wacky

wacky Active Member

wow... thanks for the warning... i think i won't even bother buying the mesos sewing table... if candy sewing table is this bad... i can imagine mesos sewing table to be like playing with the item capsules... except that it is way more $$$...

regards,
    wacky

12. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

I fused a rare + unique with a meso sewing table and got a legend cape. It's luck of the draw.

13. Artemi

Artemi Member

Spent 4.6k for a fuse, got a legend top. What the heck, I'd probably have spent that money better outfitting my other toons.

emozaiii likes this.