1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP PMS

Discussion in 'General' started by kurosan, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Bossermax

Bossermax New Member

That sucks, well I hope so too because I spent over £100 on this game :(

emozaiii likes this.
  2. kurosan

kurosan New Member

Nexon has bad reputation of closing down slow money games. I still remember what they did on dungeon fighters online!

Anyways, Global PMS will shutdown why? Cause there will be no SEA players to be transferred on Global which means that Global PMS has plans on shutting down. I'm from asia playing Global but it's sad that their final decision from sea is to delete their accounts rather than giving them a new home which is global server.

emozaiii likes this.
  3. wacky

wacky Active Member

being an IT professional myself... i can understand it might not be that easy to transfer players from one server to another... or might even be impossible... there are alot of potential migration errors like name clashes... risks of causing errors to existing global players accounts...

moreover... since global and SEA PMS are really just 2 separate games... you need to migrate the account login information from one game to the other otherwise you won't be able to login to global... but there are many people who uses google/facebook to login... however since the account information is not managed by nexon it is probably impossible for them to migrate them... without migrating login account means it is impossible for you to access global PMS even if your game stuff are migrated over from SEA...

lastly... what about those who play both global and SEA pms (like me)...? if SEA account is migrated over to global.. how do i access my original global PMS account since i used FB to login to both global and SEA...?

anyway in the first place they shouldn't have spin off PMS to different regions... should just have global PMS... how many other games do you see that have the same thing operating in different regions separately...? i think the population of PMS doesn't justify the need to split it up... they might have thought PMS will become as popular as PC version...

regards,
    wacky

emozaiii likes this.
  4. Snailwatcher

Snailwatcher Active Member

I see how there could be problem with specifically migrating players information from SEA to Global. However, it wouldn't be impossible to at least match SEA users candies if they were to start fresh, or make the switch to Global.

EDIT: I forgot that we we're talking about Nexon, and not a player-friendly company.

emozaiii likes this.
  5. Kittea

Kittea New Member

In regards to Nexon shutting down games, they just recently shut down Monstersquad a few months ago and told everyone to play a Alice in Wonderland style game that was genuinely not even a fifth as good. I hope they don't shut this one down. :/

emozaiii likes this.
  6. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Their customer service replies say that they're not closing global and are working on an update. Who knows when though.

emozaiii likes this.
  7. wacky

wacky Active Member

hmm... this is from very recent replies...? if it's like over a month ago... who knows if decisions would have changed since...

regards,
    wacky

emozaiii likes this.
  8. sparklie

sparklie New Member

So... Since SEA is closing I stopped playing there (had a level 141 AB) and started on global using a Australian iOS account... Got it to level 60 in 2 days... I don't even play much anymore I basically just leave my device on (in El Nath rn) Also got accepted and kicked from a guild cos everyone thinks I'm noob... well I guess I am still noob on global

Hmm I guess I will try emailing Global PMS support and see how they reply now... If they don't give a sufficient answer then I can just stop doing that auto-click on my game... no loss because I am no longer doing the same mistake of spending $13 on a game

Worst situation... I will go back play minecraft or something... Games that won't close down...

I was actually able to use my SEA email account to login to Global server... Who knows... But now I'm not sure whether that's what prevented me from getting level-up candies... And guilds in Global don't accept noob accounts like me... gahhhhhh so frustrating,,,, when I was in fact the best player in my guild in SEA,,,

emozaiii likes this.
  9. wacky

wacky Active Member

emozaiii likes this.
  10. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

As of 2 days ago

emozaiii likes this.
  11. kurosan

kurosan New Member

Nice to see an IT too! I'm an IT profession aswell, The migration won't be an easy task but it's doable through mirroring database to it's server.

On the accounts, facebook and google are unique. It's similar as how a username is used to be and it won't be a conflict unless Person A used that account to GPMS and PMS Sea which is a major conflict. On this problem, they may use a different username for example SEA_(username) or mirror servers in order to avoid the conflict. I'm pretty sure that Nexon and Playpark is capable on doing such task but then i probably think that the cost of their man power is much more expensive than cash cowing the game itself or maybe they're closing both global and SEA to prep up to Maple M.

emozaiii likes this.
  12. Kittea

Kittea New Member

I don't know what level up candies you're talking about? If you're talking about getting any from leveling your character then GMS doesn't have that.

emozaiii likes this.
  13. wacky

wacky Active Member

you can mirror only if they still keep the 2 worlds apart on GMS... that means SEA players will still not see GMS players and vice versa... so that is just a server migration...

but if we are talking about MERGING 2 worlds... it's going to be a matter of merging 2 database... no longer a migration/mirroring job (which isn't an easy task already).. that are so many potential conflicts they have to resolve... and the downtime for the job is going to be MASSIVE...

yeah... i am talking about same account on both worlds... like me... my FB account is used to access both global and SEA... how is that going to work out..? besides... i won't be able to freely swap between accounts on the single app unless i have to clear the app data each time or they have to update the app to allow easy swapping of accounts...

anyway yeah... the cost of doing all that merging won't be cheap... and u would expect lots of issues went undetected until server is up and running again and players start raising tickets to complain of game/account issues...

regards,
    wacky

emozaiii likes this.
  14. sparklie

sparklie New Member

Oh ok... I see... thanks for clarifying... Because SEA used to give 500 candies every couple of levels

emozaiii likes this.
  15. sparklie

sparklie New Member

(I asked if they're gonna close like SEA version and whether they give candies like SEA version)

Hello Adventurer,
    Thank you for contacting Pocket MapleStory Support.
    First of all, we apologize for the lack of updates in the game. However, we assure you that we will not be shutting down and that we are currently working on the next update for the game. For now, we can only ask for your patience and understanding regarding this and we advise you to please stay tuned on our Facebook page for the latest news and updates. With regards to your inquiry about the Candies upon leveling up, we once had a similar event for players who leveled-up characters quickly, but we do not have one on-going as of the moment.
    Should you have any other issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
    Regards,
    Pocket MapleStory Support Team

emozaiii likes this.
  16. emozaiii

emozaiii Member

That someone is me I think? Heheehe emozaiii right?? Hewhewhew or not lol

17. sparklie

sparklie New Member

Yes you XD
    I am stellarie now in Global.

but not very active because I prefer homework over this game that might close down anytime.
    (still haven't gotten over my lost $13 so am only doing guild battle for candy and playing a little in weekends)

emozaiii likes this.
  18. emozaiii

emozaiii Member

[TE="sparklie, post: 14878, member: 12464"]Yes you XD
    I am stellarie now in Global.

but not very active because I prefer homework over this game that might close down anytime.
    (still haven't gotten over my lost $13 so am only doing guild battle for candy and playing a little in weekends)[/QUOTE]
    ic..I've made a guild too just for monthly candy..come join me in gPMS , guild name : UWOT ..
    Anylvl can ! Thanks!! XD

19. Elitenathan

Elitenathan New Member

Well it's almost the end of April and still no update

Bella, chouwa and Olivea like this.
  20. Bella

Bella New Member

I've moved to MapleStory M instead... :( It's a shame PMS isn't being updated.

emozaiii and Elitenathan like this.