Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Crafting, Fusing and Reinforcement' started by Wegga, Jun 2, 2016.
Cheers buddy! I guess after the 162 mark it will go a bit faster xd
Yeah, I thought so too, but even though you can collect the osss quicker and more easily, you require much more special spirit stones than when you used regular stones. And so it's still very slow.
I get a hundred osss and can only craft an item like 3 times.
Also, I know most people recommend that you create another character (DB or Mech) but I couldn't create a Mech (b/c of a login bug) and a dual blade is really boring and slow to level up. So if you don't make another account and you don't want to deal with the hourglass monsters (fliers), do the first lvl 112 dungeon (or the first advanced dungeon). Some players I've asked said they did this dungeon instead of making another character.
The normal dungeons don't drop as many special stones, but it will get you a net profit of mesos and a couple oss, if you have thousands of oss, like I do spam the advanced dungeons nets a lot more osss but at a loss of some mesos.
Yeah I was going to create a DB, but since I have like 600 OSSS and around 1500 OSS I am still in good shape, are you a meister crafter already? If not, maybe we can farm together haha, IGN LickMyKitty (Merc 150).
Also, starting from the Hidden Maps of El Nath until LKC, the mobs drop OSS and even OSSS too at a decent rate!
Unfortunately, I am not a meister crafter yet, currently 225 crafting.
I do not know how osss drops work when you party in a dungeon, do you both get the drops or do you only get drops for the monsters you killed. If its the latter, farming in a party won't help much.
If it is the former, sure we can work together.
I am aware of the osss drops in hidden streets, but currently I am also working on trying to get to lvl 150, so I am spending most nights auto flipping my mercedes and when I am not afk leveling, I spend that time doing dungeons for osss.
Yeah just add me! I will hit you up when I am done auto combatting the regular SSS in hidden map of Ariant with my Shade haha. For the OSSS you should just auto combat in Burning past or the hidden map of TOT, you level and you get OSSS DD
If you are more than 16 levels above the monsters you do not get exp nor the spirit stones from killing the monsters.
As I am level 147, I do not get anything from ToT monsters.
Train at the Very High Castle Walls in LKC, good for both as well buddy!
Additionally, It is probably a small bug, but the Orbit Dungeon lvl 88 also drops regular spirit stones ( but only the first map, others drop odds)
What I found so great about this dungeon in particular was that the plant monsters are stacked in 3s, so if you use any Aoe ability you can kill them in groups. I found it useful as a Mercedes, may be more useful for melee character's since they won't get kited around.
This looks like it's a bug so it might get fixed someday, but it's where I farmed all my regular ss. It was a great find! Definitely recommend it.
oh... i had tot the orbis dungeons was always like that... that 2nd map drops mixed of regular and odd stones... the 3rd map drops odd stones iirc...
orbis 1st map has been my fav place to hunt for regular ss for a very long time ago already... and yes i love the stationary plants stacked in 3s... makes hunting much easier and predictable... after a while u will develop a routine to clear it...
For the lazy people around us, like me, you can auto combat farm OSSS in the Hidden map of ToT, it will be slow, but when you have the time, its very handy as you level your character more than doing manual dungeons and you are getting OSSS
ok... now that i've been farming OSS to get to 300 mastery... my fav dungeon is 3rd orbis dungeon.... i like it because it is easy to complete since the mobs are low in level... each run drops between 2 to 11 OSSS per run (no regular stones)... and i run them w/o pets... my AB clears the dungeon fastest... in easily under 2min... i know because i use speed potion... each speed potion can last 1 whole run + 1/2 to almost entire 2nd run... at the end i perhaps take 20min to use up the 12 free mirrors per day... collects about 50-70+ OSSS in 20min...
i believe those with greater speed and pets would clear the dungeon faster than me...
up this thread again... i currently thinks AB in ToT - Ruines of the Corrupted Temple is the fastest OSSS farmer... but someone showed me that Shade in in Gorge of Time and Wind is very fast as well and how he does it... so i did 10 runs of dungeons to compete my AB vs Shade... clocking down the total time taken (including all the time needed to re-enter map etc) and the number of OSSS i get... plus i have pink dragon pets for both...
here is what i have...
1) AB in ToT - Ruines of the Corrupted Temple
18min 24s (1min 50s per run)
90 stones (avg 9 stones per run)
Rate: 4.89 stones/min
2) Shade in GTW - Gorge of Time and Wind
15min (1min 30s per run)
69 stones (avg 6.9 stones per run)
Rate: 4.6 stones/min
so it turns out AB is still the fastest... because the avg rate of stones per run is higher in ToT... but shade is pretty good as well... it completes each run faster because the map is smaller in GTW... but the lower rate of OSSS in each run offset the speed...
and here is a little guide on how i farm:
i think the optimum way for AB to farm OSSS is to spam on pink pummel... my AB has maxed PP and only recently able to 1HKO anything in the dungeon with PP... the other skills i use in ToT are FR, SR and soul seeker... the frequency of use of skills is PP > FR > SR > SS..
navigation through the maps are as follows:
- in the first map... my AB will dash to the right with PP on the bottom level... when reached the end i use FR to clear any hour glasses there may be... double leap to middle level... use FR or SR to clear any hour glasses there... use PP and dash all the way to the left... double leap to top level... again use PP to dash to the right... and should there be any hour glasses still surviving around i'll use FR/SR to clear them...
- in the second map.. again with PP i dash to the right on the top level... drop down to the middle level and use FR to clear any flying mobs... drop down again to the bottom level and use FR/SR to clear as many hour glasses as possible.. (reason to do drop to bottom level is these hour glasses tend to concentrate there at the starting... but they will start to fly all over the map over time... if u are fast enough to reach that area... u can take out most of them very fast so that you won't waste time hunting them down later...) double leap back to middle platform and continue PP all the way to the left side... drop down to bottom level and PP all the way to the right... and if you have not cleared all mobs by then.. u will no choice have to hunt down any remaining flying creatures...
- in the third map... since there are no flying mobs... it is PP all the way... and i try to minimize the number of PP needed for the fastest run... it's PP on the top platform all to the right (u need about 2-3 PP) ... drop to the middle platform and PP all the way to the left (another 2-3 PP)... finally drop to the bottom platform and PP all the way to the right (probably need 3 PP here) ...
Note: reason i took soul seeker in instead of other skills is that it is useful to hunt down some lone flying creature especially in map 2 that got out of the way.... and it is either too far away for FR/SR to take out (and u dowan to waste time moving there)... or your FR/SR hadn't recharged and u dowan to waste time recharging...
- although shade has very bad mobility... but the small map and the skills of shade don't require him to move much as well... the only 2 skills u need are spin slash and downward slash... and most of the time u will be spamming spin slash...
- for all 3 maps you simply move and use spin slash to clear the mobs... the nice thing about spin slash is that it gathers the mobs together so the drops will also be close by for ur pet to pick up... plus it has quite a large range and easily 1hko all mobs... and the times when u use downward slash is when u have some of those flying dragons too high for spin slash to reach... u use downward slash to knock them down and spin slash to finish.... this saves u time from moving towards it...
- while i now thinks these 2 are some of the fastest OSSS farmers... it is easier to make a shade that can farm at optimum speeds than AB... because AB depends mostly on PP... and if your PP isn't able to 1HKO all mobs means u will have to do double take each time... and that will slow things down quite a bit.. and most ppl i think only put 1 point in PP means u need some sick equips in order for PP to 1HKO the mobs... for me even when i have maxed PP... it still requires me to have a full suite of meister eqs and a few cubes adding CAR in order to be able to 1HKO everything in the dungeon... whereas my Shade is using lvl140 rare weapon and only a few pieces of eq with CAR... and despite full DEX build he is able to easily 1HKO everything in the dungeon with spin slash...
i hope this info will be useful for other OSSS hunters...
anyone tested other jobs/map/skills combo and tested out the rate of farming OSSS...?? i am thinking xenon with dancing blade/diagonal chase might be a very fast OSSS farmer (in GTW) too...?
Wegga definitely uses xenon and diagonal chase for farming, and he may be the fastest farmer I've ever seen hahahha. Watching him maneuver a map with diagonal chase is like watching a fine ballet. It's like art hahahha.
Personally, my favorite is using my shade for the 120 adv Exile map. I get no less than 6 stones per run, and have gotten as many as 20 per run. As you mentioned, yeah shade mobility sucks, but just spin slash everything
wow... i supposed u need very high dmg in order to farm effectively at adv dungeon maps -- i presume is the one with the star...?? which of the adv dungeon map do u farm in...? and u ever time the rate (stones/min) that u can farm there...?
Nah the adv without the star. Lvl 120 ones, not the 130s. When I need stones, I mostly do the Exile map (boss is horntail) and the one with Hiver as the boss. They do cost 1 red mirror, but not the ones with the penguins. (The ones with penguins, yes you need to be pretty strong to do them efficiently.)
Once I get back to my computer, I can give some accurate info regarding the specifics on those dungeons thanks to @Wegga and one of my guild members. They both did quite a bit of testing.
These figures are from a couple of months ago. The 120 Exile in Snowy Mountain is the dungeon that I mentioned earlier that I prefer above the others.
Statistics courtesy of @Wegga and xDynamite of Scar (idk if she's on the forum or not)
wow... nice... u guys rocks...! i suddenly feel so slow now... haha....
too bad i dun have a high lvl DB and my xenon is mecha purge build now.. but i think i would use my AB to try out the adv dungeons and see how fast she can farm OSSS there... last time i only tried ToT adv dungeon and it sux cos of the big map... didn't really thought of trying out other adv dungeon maps that time...
Ya I like Exile because it's a compact map. Even an AB does well there. You can use ribbon in some places, then use pummel in others with multiple platforms to push everything that's on the bottom to 1 side then knock everything out with SR I don't care much for the larger maps.