1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Odd Special Spirit Stones alternative farming

Discussion in 'Crafting, Fusing and Reinforcement' started by Wegga, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Wegga

Wegga Active Member

Hi guys!
    You all know that there are many different ways to farm odd Special Spirit Stones.
    Someone told me that the fastest way is to farm them in Magatia 120 dungeon with Mechanic or DB.
    You can collect there 300+ per hour. Right first I tried with my mechanic...tooo weak.
    The DB was also not strong enough (strong enough after some cubes) but when i started i saw, that i will need a lot of hp- and mp-pots. Someone told me that Temple of Time dungeons are also good but they drop less. So the reason why i make this thread is to show you EXACT FACTS!!!

Here is an alternative way that works good for me:

ToT - Ruins of the Corrupted Temple:
    I run it with a mechanic using the skill "Giant Robot SG-88". My mechanic is strong enough to one hit the Mobs there. And I also use the pink Dragon pet for collecting stuff. I found myself good floors where i can attack much Mobs. First map i clear with 2 attacks, 2nd map i clear with 3 attacks and 3rd map i just attack 3 times. I dont kill the Boss because it takes me 30sec to kill him and i have to wait for the chest-Procedere. The chests give me nothing I need. Thats the main reason why I Exit after 3rd map.
    I said I give you Facts and heres what i got over exactly 60 mins:
    - I did 24 runs
    - got 2,4mio Mesos
    - got 189 odd Spirit Stones

- got 221 odd Special Spirit Stones
    - used 5 mp-pots and 24 dimensional mirrors
    For me ist a good way, because i also get odd Spirit Stones and I save a lot of Money.
    BTW the Name of my mechanic is "weggas". Look my Equipment...If you have better one and skilled different you maybe are faster than me :)
    Maybe someone has facts of different dungeons...Show us!

2. Wegga

Wegga Active Member

I did another 60 mins with the 2nd dungeon in the list of ToT!
    The numbers are close together...did 25 runs.
    ToT - Temple Invader Lilynouches:
    - got 2,5mio Meso
    - got 205 odd Spirit Stones

- got 200 odd Special Spirit Stones
    - used 7 pots and 25 dimensional mirrors
    It is very funny. You think that the 2nd dungeon is faster but it is not. I felt more comfortable in first dungeon becaus the map 1 and 2 are easy to clear. In 2nd dungeon you`ll begin with hardest map and end with the easyest. Got over 20 odd Special Spirit Stones more in the first one so i will do further runs there.

emozaiii likes this.
  3. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for this!!! It's incredibly helpful and good information to have

@Snailwatcher - Can you use these stats to help with averages ??

emozaiii likes this.
  4. Snailwatcher

Snailwatcher Active Member

I stopped keeping track but I still have the average I got from Lvl 120 Gorge of Life. 11.2 OSSS per run after 18 runs.

What I like most about Advanced Dungeons for getting stones is that they don't drop equipment as frequently so my inventory doesn't get filled as often. Sometimes the pet will keep trying to get a piece of equipment and it can miss stones.

Nice post, nonetheless. You definitely will make money on the normal dungeons because advanced doesn't drop cash, from what I remember. If it does, it is very infrequently.

emozaiii likes this.
  5. marksman bryan

marksman bryan Member

Thank you for this. It is much faster than advanced dungeons. Should be getting meister by this weekend now!

6. Erublack

Erublack Active Member

Ok so for the 120 red mirror advanced dungeons, I found the best ones to be Either Horntail or Hiver as a DB or Mech with a loot pet. Magatia ended up having too much ledges. If you go DB, it's also nice to have a mount to hop on to when you collect after a Sudden Raid.

Please follow this guide for most efficient killing: http://pocketmaplestoryforum.com/threads/dual-blade-advanced-dungeon-guide.890/#post-6325. Ty Fooky.

For the majority of the time, maximum of two Sudden Raid or SG-88 is need. Of course, this is assuming you 1hko the mobs.

If you're not short on meso, leave the dungeon after killing all 3 maps. This nets you about 300~350+ OSSS an hour depending on efficiency and your connection speed.

If you are short on meso, until June 10th at least, you can kill the boss up to a maximum of 20 times for meso payments to pay for mirrors. The Event Mission Daily gives you 100k for 1 dungeon completion, 300k for 10 dungeon completions and 500k for 20 completions. That's 900k for 20 mirrors used, giving you an extra 300k for 10 extra mirrors. Killing the boss nets you about 200~250+ OSSS an hour.

Just note that the pots also drain your mesos.

Snailwatcher likes this.
  7. wacky

wacky Active Member

nice...! i want to up my mastery too but i don't have that much time to farm the stones... hence i'm still at mastery 150 for one char and 102 for 2 other characters... so right now i still need to farm for regular SS...

regards,
    wacky

8. Wegga

Wegga Active Member

Thank you Eru. I think your introduction would be very helpful if you have DB or Mechanic with strong attack to one hit.
    Would be more comfortable to just farm the odd Special Spirit Stones from 120 dungeons.
    Snailwatcher said a very important thing: When your inventory is full the pet tries to pick up the dropped gears. But it cant pick it up and so it stays at that point until the gear disappears. But you can try to run arround and get in distance to that droppings. Then the pet will pick up the items arround if you move a little bit. That is what i do while my SG-88 attack has cool down.
    Also cool is that this dungeon gives a little EXP. I fullfilled my EXP-bar (lvl 150) in about 80-100 runs.

9. justkawaii

justkawaii New Member

Any high spawn rate places for regular special spirit stone?

10. Erublack

Erublack Active Member

Nothing amazing, manual farming mu lung or el nath dungeon does the trick, but the drop rate isn't as high as odd special stones.

11. Wegga

Wegga Active Member

Yes you are right Eru. Farming regular Spirit Stones arround magatia, ariant and mu lung.
    But i think "justkawaii" asked for the regular Special Spirit Stones!
    You can farm them in hidden maps of magatia, ariant and mu lung but the drop rate is very low....99 over night.
    For Manual farming use one of the following dungeons:
    - El Nath - lvl 80 (the one I used)
    - Ariant - lvl 61
    - Mu Lung - lvl 71 (both good)

12. wacky

wacky Active Member

i like orbis dungeon for manual farming... but didn't really compare the drop rates of orbis vs the other dungeons... i think it used to be higher drop rates for higher lvl dungeon...

regards,
    wacky

13. Wegga

Wegga Active Member

el nath was roun 5-8 Stones per run

14. WeeDLY

WeeDLY New Member

Is it worth it creating a mech or DB for farming stones? Currently lv 189 crafting.
    And if it is, which one is easier to 1shot mobs on?

15. Wegga

Wegga Active Member

Defenitely yes! You need more than 5000 OSSS! I would level a mechanic because its faster and needs less MP than DB

16. jappo

jappo New Member

Can I check if this is only for Global atm? Cuz I'm playing SEA version and I've been running the ToT dungeons and all 120 dungeons and the max no of OSSS I could get per run is 3, most of the times ZERO. If the drop rates will increase after future update, may I know which update will that be? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  17. wacky

wacky Active Member

yes only global... global's drop rate used to be as low as SEA... i forgot it was after which patch did the drop rate increased... but for sure by the time meister crafting patch is out the drop rates have increased (to let more ppl able to get to mastery 300 i supposed)... so u gotta wait a while before SEA's drop rate increases too...

regards,
    wacky

18. wacky

wacky Active Member

ok... i try to run the dungeons in SEA again... seems that the drop rates is WORSE then last time... i did the ariant/mulung dungeons about 15 times and get ZERO special stones... last time i would almost for sure get some special stones after 3-4 runs..

hope they will patch this soon...

regards,
    wacky

19. GioDoubleG

GioDoubleG New Member

Yo guys, from which level of crafting will the Odd SS and OSSS be used instead of those annoying Regular ones?

Add me IGN 'LickMyKitty' (attractive name right?)

Cheers

emozaiii likes this.
  20. wacky

wacky Active Member

lvl 162...

regards,
    wacky