1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

New player with questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Ambroas, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Ambroas

Ambroas New Member

Like the title said, started two days ago and reached the high 30's on a pure dex ds. I did it because someone said it was the easiest to ac with on a first character and I could use it to feed my next which I plan to be an AB and it will be my main.

Then I get told that's a waste and everything is basically bound. So am I wasting time?

I still haven't chosen a subclass profession either because I don't know the benefits or what they can craft vs what I can grind for.

Don't know how to get decent gear either, I did use an upgrade scroll on my hp ring to make it 8+30.

Also do I have to fight bosses alone? I'm on one with a suggested level of 32 I'm pure def and he can 2-3 shot me.

I'll keep posting here with new questions.

emozaiii likes this.
  2. Bossermax

Bossermax New Member

Hi.

Bosses are definitely soloable with the right gear. But they were intended for multiplayer, so if you join a guild this might be the easiest way to find players. Although there are solo specific bosses, such as the "daily boss dungeon" but that's for high level players I think lvl 120 is the minimum requirement. So you don't have to worry just yet. Once you reach level 140+ you will probably be able to solo most bosses except the top end bosses that can give a chance of some of the best gear in the game (relic grade armour).

If you plan to main AB, honestly I personally would start levelling it now as it won't take you long to get to high 30s again. They are also very good at auto combat, as they hit multiple targets and are long ranged. If I were to auto combat I would choose AB, although they are both very strong at auto combat. But for the sake of funding another character, it wouldn't make much difference if you both had level 150 on AB and DS, you'd probably just use the AB to fund the AB etc. From memory one doesn't feel superior to the other at auto combat. I have all chars lvl 130+

Also with AB, if you are too weak to auto combat in an area, simply hold the attack button, turn your phone on its side (you might have to change the settings on your phone like I did) and now your character is sending out multiple attacks while in a safe zone where you can't take any damage! Feel free to leave your phone doing this for many many hours to get free xp! This is how I got most of my levels up to 150 with AB.

Entirely up to you though, the more characters you have the better really, as it means you can grind for candies easier.

Also, as for gear, you can definitely grind gear on your favourite character and use it to fund another. After a while you will have mesos coming out your ears and won't know what to spend them on. You can spend mesos to transfer gear via storage box in any town.

If you find rare gear you don't have any use for, simply "fuse them" with another item with a chance of getting the item you want, it is random so you might get a good item for a different character, then you can transfer it using the storage box. This is how I got my of my best gears in the early stages of the game.

You can fuse items by visiting a blacksmith (I think that's what they're called) it's an old man in a gown, in any town. TIP: Don't fall for the text where it says "more items you fuse the better chance of better items" it's false, you can just fuse 1 item with 1 item and have the same chances. Just so you know and don't waste fusing too many items.

Good luck :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    emozaiii likes this.
  3. wacky

wacky Active Member

correct... for F2P players... our equipment of choice will normally be rares... without rares... if u wan to be able to AC... most recommended builds for other classes u won't be able to go to higher level maps and got to stick to easier maps. however... pure DEX DS can AC at maps with mobs many lvls higher even without wearing rares... so it is fast to lvl up DS...

for your DS... high 30s is still very low level... don't bother with dungeons because you don't need them for rare eqs. just stick to pure DEX and AC overnight and get your level up quickly...

so to get your rares... u most likely got to get from normal dungeons or fusing... fusing because it is random it might take a long time to obtain the eq u want.... in the process u will get many of them downgraded and needed to hunt normal dungeons again. and if you try to hunt the normal dungeon immediately when u hit the min level requirements... u will find it very tough to complete cos the mobs are stronger than normal ones.

this is where if you have a high lvl (i.e. lvl 130 and above) character to farm the rares for ur lower lvl char... so if ur low lvl char needs lvl88 equipment ur high lvl character can farm easily from orbis dungeon... since each dungeon gives a specific lvl of equipment... hence once your DS is lvl130... u can use ur DS to solo these dungeons to farm eqs for other chars...

regards,
    wacky

emozaiii likes this.
  4. Ambroas

Ambroas New Member

@Bossermax what stat is suggested for an ac ab, I'll restat/skill later. Is the easy lvl build good for a.c.?

@wacky I went full dex but I noticed the easy lvl build has some manual skills in it, should I follow it? It also tells me to put 5 points into shadow swiftness which came mastered...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    emozaiii likes this.
  5. wacky

wacky Active Member

Bossermax and emozaiii like this.
  6. Ambroas

Ambroas New Member

7. Con2OO3

Con2OO3 New Member

How do I get exp for my guild?

8. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member