Modding | Stay away from it

Discussion in 'General' started by Apex, May 10, 2016.

1. Apex

Apex Secretly Batman... Staff Member

Preventing this Disease
    It has been brought to the attention of the staff team here on Pocket Maplestory Forums
    that there has been an increasing number of members promoting modding. Mods on online games are really a big annoyance. They grant you god-like abilities that makes you better than everyone else without really working for it. It destroys the game. It destroys the community and we do
    NOT want this to happen to PMS. In order to prevent that from happening. We URGE everyone of you to stay away and report any form of promoting of mods to the moderators. We seek your co-operation in this.

Consequences
    If any member is reported to have been promoting mods, sharing links of mods or tutorials on modding, they will be let off with 1 warning and if such actions reoccur, we WILL NOT hesitate to ban his/her account. If the member attempts to do it again, we will ban the IP. IPs of banned accounts will be recorded down.

We hope that everyone plays a part in ensuring PMS's quality by staying away from mods. Do report to Nexon through this customer service and provide proof if you are aware of any modders. On behalf of Pocket Maplestory's Staff Team, I thank you for your cooperation and time taken to read this thread.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  2. Snailwatcher

Snailwatcher Moderator Staff Member

I wish Nexon was this serious about modding.

Thanks Apex!

3. AnyMez

AnyMez Member

nexon would only care if modders were getting free vip or "stealing" from the game

4. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Thank you Apex ♥

5. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

6. Snailwatcher

Snailwatcher Moderator Staff Member

7. Sonder

Sonder CEO Staff Member

There's no need to bump this thread. It is pinned

8. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Oops :p it wasn't showing up on mobile.

Hedgehog and Sonder like this.
  9. gankmebabe

gankmebabe Active Member

We should promote ppl not to mod and give a fair game to th community.

But when we promote not to mod, we are also promoting mod.

I can bet with you any innocent ppl read this pin thread would be like, what is mod? There is mod? Let me google it, and 10 mins later, wow... A new mod player. So we either do some thing about developers who are making mod, or we all just keep silent and ignore what is happening. Rather than making a post about not to mod, why don't you hunt down ppl who develop mod?

What is happening is like you are spreading the news to ppl that "there is gold in the forest, and nobody should go to get any gold", and the consequence will make more curious ppl to check out what kind of gold is in the forest, and therefore more ppl go take gold, or in this case, try mod.

If you tell ppl "nobody should look" will actually make more ppl look...

You following the logic?

10. gankmebabe

gankmebabe Active Member

Also this game is dying now many ppl feel like... My friend list used to be pages of ppl online at the same time and would have no problem finding ppl to play with, but now, only 1-3 ppl on line at the most time. A lot of used to be active friends only check on it to collect daily tickets or not playing anymore. The only thing my account is doing is also collecting tickets.

I have a hard time finding ppl to play together now. The only few online friends are afk farming Mark/meso ppl.

I feel like they are losing a lot of active players. Nexon should do something to retain ppl past 150.

11. KellysauR

KellysauR Active Member

Well. Welcome to new hp games where they farm as much money as they can first 6 months each region and exit.

12. Apex

Apex Secretly Batman... Staff Member

Hey buddy, I think you misunderstood this post. What we are trying to do is to prevent people from sharing and promoting mods here on the forums. We can only manage the ones here on the forums. Ultimately, it is the choice of an individual to use or not to use the mod but what we are doing is simply to prevent anyone from sharing and promoting the mods here. Unfortunately, I am not a hitman or a policeman so I cannot hunt down the people sharing mods outside of this forum.

Hedgehog likes this.
  13. gankmebabe

gankmebabe Active Member

Make sense

14. Sharony

Sharony New Member

They dont need vip lol in god mode, so they dont buy candys which make them (nexon) lose money

Olivea likes this.
  15. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Active Member

16. Regi01

Regi01 New Member

yea this sounds great but im sorry but may i ask, is apex a staff member of nexon? apex can/allowed to ban?

17. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Of Nexon, no. Of this forum, yes.

18. Young Metro

Young Metro New Member

its sad how hackers exposed themselves after 1.3.3 update, and yall know who exactly im talking about. wont say any names BUT THAT SHIT HILARIOUS my nigga. lol

19. KitBerry

KitBerry New Member

It's so sad that people are low enough to hack and/or mod a GAME to be better at people. :(
    I hate those kinda people.

Olivea likes this.