1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Mercedes Ishtars Ring Bug?

Discussion in 'Equipment & Skills' started by DoctorVictory, Jul 3, 2016.

1. DoctorVictory

DoctorVictory Member

Hey everyone, I've been playing for a couple weeks now and I chose the mercedes class because of how much dps they can do. A couple days ago I reached level 108 and was very disappointed to find out that you can't use Ishtars ring for very long without using a mp pet to replenish your mana as use IR.

So, in order to offset the mana usage, I though mp steal would be the best solution, through my equipment I was able to muster up 19 mp steal, which unfortunately offers only 19 mana pretty hit and not 19% like in the Korean PMS versions. However, I was able to extend the length of time I could leave IR on by about 50%. Usually IR automatically turns off when you have no mana left and gives you a warning saying "insufficient mana" on the left side of the screen in red, but after I use Ishtars ring it stops even though I have more than enough mana and it does not even show warning about my mana. I guess there must be a limit to how long you can have Ishtars ring activated.
    Anyone know if this is built into the program and Nexon did it on purpose to limit mp steal on Korean PMS versions or if this happens even if you use a mp pet.

2. Cake

Cake New Member

Mercedes can use Ishtar's Ring for up to 8 seconds before going on a 7 sec cooldown (in skill description)

Try counting while using IR to see if Mercedes is using it for max amount of time.

DoctorVictory likes this.
  3. Markiej

Markiej Member

This^ is correct. I have a Mercedes myself too and for me Ishtars ring stops after 8 seconds so at I can tell you for sure that it is not bugged (for everyone).

4. DoctorVictory

DoctorVictory Member

Thanks guys, I didn't see the max duration part, makes sense though.

5. LoveChopperZ

LoveChopperZ Member

Will like to ask:

When ring is in effect, cannot pot any hp or mp pots? Movement also seems to become slower. So we muz get pet to overcome this shortcoming er?

6. DoctorVictory

DoctorVictory Member

When you are using the ring, you cannot use any potions and you cannot double jump either, but getting a mp pet will do about the same as some mp steal, except you have to use a mp pot after the duration is over.
    Normally, starting at full mana, I would use Ishtar's ring, but I would stop using it, because I ran out of mana. Getting some mp steal would allowed me to use ishtar's ring for its full duration (with 19 mp steal, i'm able to use it for the full 8 seconds with 60% mana). Another method might be to use a pet to replenish your mana so you can use IR for its full duration. However, mp steal just allows for more efficient training for me so I can spam strike dual shot. I saw tremendous improvements with 16 mp steal and in normal training I would only have to pot up about 50% as much, since I would save like 30% mana and that mana I got from mp steal I could use to mp steal again, and so on. But it seems like using an mp pet really just lets you not have to push a button for mana, no other benefit.

TL;DR get mp steal or mp pet and you can use Ishtar's ring to its full extent

7. PrincessTima

PrincessTima New Member

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but does anyone know how much MP steal is needed to keep MP capped out (steal more than usage) while using Ishtar Ring?

Thanks!
    -PrincessTima

8. Markiej

Markiej Member

That depends on your MP, so on your lvl (and INT)
    With my 150 Merc, I can use IR to full extend with 9 MP Steal and the MP bar filled for ~75-80% (no points put into INT, got some int bonusses from cubes though). For lower levels you will need more MP steal or a full mp bar to start with (or both).

9. Sonder

Sonder CEO

Thank you for answering these questions, fellow maplers.

- Sonder

Markiej likes this.
  10. LoveChopperZ

LoveChopperZ Member

one more question

is it possible for Ishtar Ring to have constant damage like AB Sr? My SR hit constant 150k throughout the whole SR. However I notice that my Merc Ishtar Ring don't do so

11. Xelagmo

Xelagmo New Member

I don't think it's possible, i'm 100% critic rate and my ishtar ring giving two different damage too.

12. Markiej

Markiej Member

Yes,if your mastery is high enough, it is possible to hit with constant damage. But you will notice that there are 2 different constant damages.
    That is because of your (advanced) final attack skill. This gives you a certain (don't know the exact numbers and don't have the game open atm) chance to deal some more damage. So Xelagmo, thats why you see 2 different damages.

Note: it may look like your damage is more "random" than for example the AB SR, but in the end with so much hits your damage will (mathematically) be constant. I think the chance that a complete IR attack will do 10% more or less damage is really really low.

13. LoveChopperZ

LoveChopperZ Member

So I assume the skill with +% critial rate is not needed? No additional damage will be dished out even if we add that?

14. Xelagmo

Xelagmo New Member

So how much mastery in order to achieve constant damage? I've watched many youtube videos on mercedes dojo-ing, even high vip players don't do constant damage for IR too.

15. Markiej

Markiej Member

you probably need the skill with %crit rate to get to the 100%, if you mean the 2nd job buff then this skill also gives you bonus in Att, if you mean the 1st job passive skill, don't put points in it for the IR build

16. Markiej

Markiej Member

The reason that you don't see them do constant damage is because of the final attack (FA) skill. This skill if maxed in 2nd and 4th job gives you an 43% chance to do 69% (25from 2nd, 44 from 4th) more damage, I checked this in game so the numbers are correct. So lets say your IR does 100K per hit damage (without FA) that means that there is a 43% chance to do 169K damage per hit, so on average you will hit 130K, so 130%, of you normal hit (0.43*169 +0.57*100 =~130) . So if you want so calculate it mathematically your constant damage will be ~130% of your normal, FA free, hit.

The difference between this FA bonus and lower mastery is that, with FA, the 2 different damage outcomes will always be the same, for instance 100K and 169K. While with lower mastery you would get a "damage penalty" of for instance 20%, so you attacks can then deal anywhere between 80 and 100K or 135 and 169K (with FA).

As for your amount of mastery question. first I would like to point out that you get mastery bonus for every point you put in dex (and int, but don't put points in int) and for mastery bonusses from equipment, so this has nothing to do with the attack bonus you can get from VIP levels.
    further, I have around 300 mastery and I do constant damage, so the minimum number needed will be 300 or below.

hope my answer is a bit understandable :p

Ephemeral likes this.
  17. Ephemeral

Ephemeral New Member

Haha tldr :Mercedes has a skill that increases damage based on a % chance hence ishtar will not do constant dmg regardless of your mastery level.Mercedes has enough mastery without additional stats from equips if you go high dex.