1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about why Pocket maplestory is going down

Discussion in 'General' started by gankmebabe, Aug 30, 2016.

What you think is the reason pocket maplestory is dying

1. 1.game is too boring nothing to do after reaching level 150

38.6%
  2. 2. Stupid meister crafting make this game a stone farming boring AF game

27.3%
  3. 3. No public available hack due to mod developer not updating.

11.4%
  4. 4. Hacks killed the game

18.2%
  5. 5. Nexon's update is shiiiit. Too greedy while no interesting content

50.0%
  6. 6.nexon's global pms's marketing is crap.

38.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bossermax

Bossermax New Member

I've been having a blast with this game. Also they added a patch this month which included a new dungeon mode daily boss with generous rewards. This game is AWESOME and I won't stop playing for a long time! :) I do agree that it needs regular updates, at least once every 1-2 months MAX depending on how big of an update. Even if the updates are only minor, like a new boss etc, at least it keeps it more interesting. Glad they added the new dungeon though it gives me more motivation to play and don't feel bad about spending some £££ on the game to support them.

I mean sure the game gets grindy, but I don't mind honestly, because you can always auto combat to grind while you play other games, which I think is really nice being able to do. I actually work while having PMS up most of the time, it gives me that extra motivation to get boring irl stuff done :)

Olivea likes this.
  2. Elchardian

Elchardian New Member

Omg.... do not scare me please..... I play this game last week and just read this topic. No no no, it's not funny if this game is dead already. I already invest a little amount of money to this game, if it's collapse.................. no......... i don't want to think about that......

3. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Don't worry. It's not going anywhere for quite some time. The original poster is just frustrated with his own gameplay and is being negative. This game will give back what you put in to it.

4. Elchardian

Elchardian New Member

Ah I see thank you olivia for the explanation :D but i believe gank might have any other reason, so I do not want to blame anyone hehe :) hmm....... maybe we need more of guild events or any events which not leaaaaaaad.......... to money grabbing. At least nexon can bring many active user back

5. Erublack

Erublack Active Member

Nexon is getting better and better at releasing content that doesn't require paying to keep up with the top players in Global PMS :)

wacky, Bossermax and Snailwatcher like this.
  6. Bossermax

Bossermax New Member

The game isn't dead. It's far from it. There's a lot of players considering it's a mobile game. It may not be the most popular game ever, but I have high hopes for the future. They plan on releasing some big updates soon. Such as a new class, character buffs etc. They also recently added a new daily boss dungeon which is cool, it just shows they are interested in adding new content which is a good sign. This 1 update alone has definitely grabbed my attention, so hopefully they add more cool things like this over time to keep us all playing.

It seems they are putting us dedicated players money to good use to keep us interested. Lets hope it stays that way.

Also I have high hopes for this games future, I think if they keep up the regular updates such as new dungeons and improving the game overall. Such as bug fixing and lag improvement, so I can actually play dungeons with friends without having to worry about disconnects. It is a big deal, but not enough to put me off the game. Because I believe they will try to fix this. So I am going to be patient. As it's clear they want to add to the game and make it even better.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  7. Sonder

Sonder CEO

Interesting...

Snailwatcher likes this.
  8. bermontoto

bermontoto New Member

Why are they releasing another mobile game? this will be the third one, They already had 1 Maplestory Live for Android, now Pocket Maplestory and now this Maplestory Mobile..

What are your thoughts?

9. Snailwatcher

Snailwatcher Active Member

I hope it comes out in the U.S.

10. wacky

wacky Active Member

i didn't play maplestory live... but i think that one is essentially a standalone game with no interaction with others..? maplestory M seems that normal maps you can train together with others too... which means that KS will be back....! lol..

i have no idea if this will ever have an english version... and my speculation is that perhaps PMS wasn't as popular as hoped... because if u ask me... much of it differs from the original PC version of MS... so perhaps they come out with M and try to get the old MS feel back... with familiar maps/bosses and characters/character creation... and most importantly the ability to train together...?

regards,
    wacky

Bossermax likes this.
  11. Shallow

Shallow Member

M won't be released in global anytime soon, because the lack of player base and the resource needed to maintain the server etc.

Olivea likes this.
  12. Tyler

Tyler Active Member

Yeah it won't be years until maplestory M hits global if ever

13. Artemi

Artemi Member

Maplestory Live was the shit you could trade and chat with other players, and all the stats on equipment actually works!

Olivea likes this.
  14. Rokura

Rokura New Member

As a relatively new player, I would say if the overall gaming community is friendly and active (not just one or two guilds) then the game will be fun. It would be great to see more interactive functions within the game such as trade as this would create an economy within the community.

Bossermax likes this.
  15. Apex

Apex Secretly Batman...

Have to agree that the game is repetitive.

Snailwatcher likes this.
  16. Phantasm

Phantasm Member

Its funny reading those deluded comments claiming that the game isn't dead. Cheers for giving me a good laugh. xd

17. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

You mean necroing a thread that's over 6 months old?

18. Biitchy

Biitchy New Member

Scar is your guild dead?

19. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Probably. Most of us quit playing several months ago and have since migrated to a new gaming platform and company.

Dead in pms, but Scar still lives on elsewhere

20. akiR

akiR New Member

This is very sad to see... I liked Pocket Maplestory to a certain extent, it just became to pay heavy for me.
    But still... Looking at it like a person that truly likes it, it is very sad. Seeing a game you liked shut down; , ;.
    I too will have to face that someday with games I still love(even a mobile mmorpg I've played 7yrs now).
    Maplestory has always interested me with its gameplay and style, it just pulls me in all the time.
    I've played MapleM and its nice, but I deleted it because of the heavy memory usage. X.x That and I am still waiting on it to be English...
    Hopefully it will be soon.