1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about why Pocket maplestory is going down

Discussion in 'General' started by gankmebabe, Aug 30, 2016.

What you think is the reason pocket maplestory is dying

1. 1.game is too boring nothing to do after reaching level 150

38.6%
  2. 2. Stupid meister crafting make this game a stone farming boring AF game

27.3%
  3. 3. No public available hack due to mod developer not updating.

11.4%
  4. 4. Hacks killed the game

18.2%
  5. 5. Nexon's update is shiiiit. Too greedy while no interesting content

50.0%
  6. 6.nexon's global pms's marketing is crap.

38.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. gankmebabe

gankmebabe Active Member

Why is this game dying for the last few month.
    Global pms is not even updating any patch anymore this month.

They tried to save the game by bringing old players back and refer new players on Facebook but it seems it didn't work out.

Personally I think it's because of the stupid meister crafting update set it back to a Stone Age. Pre Stone Age, we see people mega for dungeon party and dojo party, but after the Stone Age update, we don't see squat.

Game became too boring just repetitive farming stones and daily boss for stones. Most of the ppl gave up after a few days or weeks of life consuming daily boss for stone stupid game.

2. wacky

wacky Active Member

7. Pokemon Go...?

frankly speaking for me meister crafting brought me back for semi-hibernation mode... as well as guild battles (to farm free candies/cubes) and nerfing of MK/LKC mobs... i was yo-yo-ing between SEA and global for months before... but meister got me to concentrate on global now and i feel like giving up on SEA totally...

and i don't dojo.... spend too much time on mindlessly killing the same bosses just to compete for a spot in the rankings... plus as a f2p players there isn't much fight with the paying players too... moreover it wasn't possible to AC beyond 140 for f2p players previously... so my chars were stuck at 140... now my DS reached 150... i realized my kaiser could AC in LKC too... AB almost possible to AC i think... i just need to upgrade her eqs to meister eqs for better DEF..

so while the meister eqs don't work for me... they are totally god send for f2p players like me...

regards,
    wacky

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Snailwatcher likes this.
  3. gankmebabe

gankmebabe Active Member

Competition doesn't kill a game, the reason is most of the time game itself. It was dying before Pokemon go's hype.

4. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

No, actually it wasn't. The game hasn't been dying. Has it been more quiet? Perhaps.

Just because the game is "dying" FOR YOU does not mean other people experience the same notions. Maybe you should put forth some effort into "reviving" the "dead aspects" that you feel are in the game and putting forth some effort into the community instead of doing nothing but complaining and spreading negativity all the time.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    mssbange, Bossermax, chouwa and 4 others like this.
  5. Snailwatcher

Snailwatcher Active Member

This game is booming! I am playing more than ever. I love meister crafting.

mssbange, Bossermax, emozaiii and 2 others like this.
  6. gankmebabe

gankmebabe Active Member

Come on. you would be lying to yourself if you say it's not dying.

I doubt the global pocket maplestory will ever come back and be popular again. It has been going down and down, downward spiral for the last few months. I bet 99% it will keep going down unfortunately. Nexon is already tired of this and it seems like they already gave up, not updating in time, and giving crappy updates.

It's easier and easier to get into dojo top 100 with only 5K points, rarely see anyone mega, no response from any mega, and the game is indeed really Quiet... Quiet like a dead empty ghost town.

7. Snailwatcher

Snailwatcher Active Member

Just because you don't hear the chatter doesn't mean it isn't there.

8. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

1) Update is tonight. In my 20 years of gaming, I've only seen a couple of games that update on a strict schedule. They're 3 days "late." Woooooo big deal. Lets see you become a game maker of their caliber and release updates on time every time. Go on. I'll wait.
    2) On the contrary, it's been very active. Again, just because you, your guild, etc are not active doesn't mean that the rest of the pms world isn't.
    3) Apparently you don't remember dojo from before the hacker era. It wasn't hard to get top 100 then, and it's not hard to get top 100 now. Top 10 is still brutal. This is how it should be.
    4) As @Snailwatcher said, just because you don't see chatter in the whopping 10 minutes you're online doesn't mean it's not there.
    5) Again, how about stop being so negative all the time and do something to improve all of these "faults" you think you see. Maybe put some legitimate work into it and enjoy the fruits of that labor.

9. gankmebabe

gankmebabe Active Member

Haha you are right. I have been indeed logging in for less than 10 mins everytime, send 1-2 mega, see no replies and log off.

What's your suggestion to make global pms active again? For the last month as far as I remember I never see any one mega for parties for dojo and dungeon.

10. gankmebabe

gankmebabe Active Member

Liz, you are the most committed player I ever seen. How did you keep your guild so tight and active while other guilds are falling apart. How did your guild went from 4 to almost 8, while destiny has been staying at 6 for a while.

Olivea likes this.
  11. wacky

wacky Active Member

scar is 8 now.... congrats....!!!!!! let's see who will be the 1st lvl 9 guild in global...!! (white has been at lvl 8 94+% when global is hit with the bug that caused guilds to stop leveling.. otherwise i think we could have hit lvl10... too bad nobody in the guild is active leveling anymore to raise the guild's level... :( )

regards,
    wacky

12. chouwa

chouwa Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Scar hits level 10 first in global. Congrats, Scar! :D RIP will get there...eventually. XD

13. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Start small. Revive your own guild and regenerate interest within your friends and guild mates first.

Thank you
    It's been a long road. My guild worked and we worked damn hard to be where we are. How did we stay together through it all? I put a LOT of time into this guild. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears.

They call me "Mama Scar" for a reason. When it comes to the game, I make sure my team has the information they need to succeed. It may take me a little time to tweak strategies, but eventually I come up with something brilliant. But, it's not just about the game, it's about the people. I'm not just the guild master. I'm a makeshift mom, therapist, teacher, advisor, and insufferable know it all. If my team has a personal matter to tend to, they know they can come to me whether they just need to talk or need some sound advice.... And they very much do. I've virtually held hands through moments of uncertainty, helped with homework, sorted through relationship problems, consoled through times of great hardships. Scar isn't just a guild. It's a family.

And finally, my 100% no modding policy is strict for a reason -- people in my guild have to work for it, and when you work for something, you have a much better appreciate for everything you have. (The other reason is more of a personal one.) And we struggled. Man, did we struggle. But ya know what? My team is still here, greater than ever. RIP is still here, standing strong and proud. Smaller guilds still managed to survive. I spent months fighting against hackers. Not just for us, but for the community as a whole. The people saw that. They saw what lengths I went to in order to try to come up with solutions, often with nothing more to go on than a simple "Please just trust me." I've sent literally so many tickets to Nexon, submitting link after link, mod after mod, that most times they no longer reply to me with their generic responses. And what of it now? Well, it took a while, but we got something done about it. We took a stand to show people that hard work > taking the cheap way out.

So yeah. You're right that things have been a little more quiet. People are able to actually PLAY the game without having to struggle against unfairness. So where you see silence, I see people that are growing and becoming forces to he reckoned with.

@wacky and @chouwa thanks so much!!! And @chouwa thank you for sticking by my side through all of my crazy witch hunts and supporting every crazy idea I've ever had. You have always been my behind the scenes rock that I could always go to any time I wanted to set all of PMS on fire. You are an incredible woman, and I'm grateful to have you and RIP alongside us through this journey.

Xoxo

chouwa likes this.
  14. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

Now that it's not 6am and that I've had coffee, I've had more time to think on this.

There's something that sets me apart from a lot of other guilds. I consider Scar to be a Monarchy of sorts. While yes, I consider myself to run on a system of checks and balances (aka, I do what's best for the guild as a whole as well as the community and I take all their thoughts and concerns into account,) but at the end of the day I'm still the "Queen" in the "Kingdom of Scar," and what I say goes. I'm not afraid to stand up and defend my position either. I actually LEAD us in particular directions, not just sit around doing nothing. A member once used a Game of Thrones quote to describe Scar: "Which is the bigger number? Five? Or One? One. One army, a real army, united behind one leader, with one purpose." And that very much holds true. Thankfully, I also have an AMAZING admin team that steps up to the plate and helps things run smoothly. I work hard to create projects, guild events, suggest theories to test, etc. I help give my people something more.

Another thing that sets Scar apart is that I am not without faults. I am not perfect. I freely and openly admit this. I make mistakes. I have a temper. I get stressed out. (Well, not so much anymore, lol.) I know these things, and I also have a couple of people that assist me in counterbalancing my faults.
    I know that we are strong, but I try to keep us humble. We work together as an entire team. I have VIP 20's stripping off +12'ed gear to help boost VIP 2's in dojo. We all band together and help members with the fame achievements to get fashion equips. We do whatever we can to help bring each other to the top, as opposed to stepping on one another for personal gain.

So instead of asking me how to improve, ask yourself that. It's hard to do what I do with the efficiency of which I do it. But one day, someone 10 years younger, 10 times smarter, and with more resources than I have will come along and do what I do better. And it's because that person will develop strategies that works best for them and enhances their own team in the best ways possible. So you have to ask yourself what's best for your own guild, your own teams, your own friends. How do you rekindle that fire, how do you motivate people in such a way that they want to work hard to become the strongest and the best players.

Leadership isn't easy.

chouwa, gankmebabe and wacky like this.
  15. gankmebabe

gankmebabe Active Member

Can we be part of the scar family too?

16. Olivea

Olivea Well-Known Member

I'm disinclined to acquiesc to your request.
    I really don't think that's a good idea for a multitude of reasons. For starters, a lot of personalities would clash. Secondly, Scar really doesn't have much room right now. And finally, we've already had a private discussion involving why I wouldn't ever go for that. I'm sorry, but it really just wouldn't work well. I do, however, wish you the best in your future endeavors, and you are still welcome to events within PMS that Scar will be hosting in the future. (More details to come later)

17. chouwa

chouwa Member

Olivea, I'm not good at expressing my feelings, but all that I can say that you're awesome and RIP is grateful to have you and Scar by our side. ❤

18. Artemi

Artemi Member

I am BACK after a long absence! Notice the change in username, I forgot the email of my old account oops.

I agree with gank though, game's been awfully quiet recently. Personally I stayed with the game because I didn't want my investment to go to waste HAHA (and also because I have so much unspent candy). I wish they'd push out this new update earlier, could've prevented so many people from hacking and ruining the game because the HP MP steal would've kept them alive.

Also, rocking on my Shade and Xenon now, seems more enjoyable to use! My merc just became a lot less attractive... Loving the new boss tower though, easy unique and legend stones everyday! Plus free candy to keep the free players going... Again, another feature which they could've implemented earlier to retain the player base.

wacky likes this.
  19. wacky

wacky Active Member

yes...! i am so stoked over the recent updates that i am now determined to lvl up my chars (who were stuck at 140) to 150...! and with the easy way to farm candies... i now dun mind splurging on pets for looting and HP since i know i can easily earn back that candies in a month... :D

regards,
    wacky

Snailwatcher likes this.
  20. gankmebabe

gankmebabe Active Member

play fair game lol

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Olivea likes this.