1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide to farming free candies/cash shop items

Discussion in 'Guides' started by wacky, Sep 10, 2016.

1. wacky

wacky Active Member

with all the updates to PMS... it's now much easier than ever to farm for free candies in the game... and that is just superb for free to play (f2p) players like me...! together with meister eqs... it is now still possible for f2p players to get considerably good stuff and cash shop items and compete with VIP players...

this guide is mainly on how to farm for free candies as well as other cash shop items...

Basic
    These are stuff that everyone can farm...but it won't get you alot of candies very fast...

1) Daily Login
    This is your daily attendance event that has been available since Day 1 of PMS... it is simple... you get a different reward everyday... just login the game everyday... at the end of 30 days you will get 1000 candies...
    Reward: 1000 candies per 30 days per account

2) Events
    From time to time... Nexon will have events to gift free candies... these things can vary from as little as 300 candies to as much as 5000 candies and is usually only given out per account... some events like leveling up events give u certain rewards when u reach a certain level target... including things like miracle/chaos cubes and candies... other stuff like candies compensation for downtime/server maintenance... so DO login daily and watch out for the announcements on such events...
    Reward: Varies (per account)

Intermediate
    These are stuff that not everyone may be able to do as it takes a little bit of effort to achieve... but it is still pretty easy to accomplish...

1) Guild Battles
    Every month, guild members can win rewards if the guild participates in the guild battles. The rewards depends on how well the guild does. Top 3 guilds can get chaos cubes, super premium capsules and 5k candies per person onwards. However, top 3 positions are usually dominated by top guilds like Scar... RIP... NOOB... who have very dedicated players and high requirements to enter... so it is not easy to get these rewards...

However... 4th to 100th position gives u 5 miracle cubes and 3k candies... and at this point of time this is REALLLLLLY EASY to achieve... in fact at this point of writing... i think there are less than 100 guilds that participate guild battles every month... hence as long as the guild participates in guild battle you are pretty much guaranteed to get into top 100...! And the rewards is given out per character... and since you can have up to 12 characters in one account now... that's 60 cubes and 36k candies per month...

The only thing is... in order to qualify for the reward at the end of the month... i think ur character must have participated in at least 10 battles in that month (doesn't matter if you win or lose)... anyway i would encourage everyone to participate in the guild battles.. doesn't matter even if you lose... you can have a participation reward when u complete 3 battles per day... the participation reward is a chest where if you are lucky you can get cash shop items like miracle/chaos cube.. super premium capsules.. and varying levels of adv scrolls... you get additional chests for each battle u win and when ur guild wins the battle for the day...
    Rewards: 5 miracle cubes + 3k candies per character per month (assuming guild is in top 4-100)

Advanced
    These are for more dedicated players who spends more time in the game and train their characters to high levels.

1) Daily Mission Quests
    You can get 300 candies per day per character if you complete all 7 daily missions. The most difficult would be the daily boss where you need to wait for the timing of the daily boss which has lvl 100 requirement to fight. Meaning to say if your character is lower than 100 you won't be able to complete all 7 daily missions. Other missions can be as easy as buying 10 potions from shop... or giving fame to any 5 random ppl... or shout out random stuff in the world chat 5 times. Other missions that need a bit of effort require u to kill any 50 monsters in the normal maps... complete 5 normal dungeons (meaning to kill the boss).. craft 5 items (because it takes time to farm stones... i keep dim spirit stones to craft lvl1 items..)
    Rewards: 1 Adv scroll V (for completing 1 x daily dungeon) + 300 candies per char per day...

2) Boss Arena
    If you are lvl 120 and above... you can fight a daily boss within a time limit using 10 adv dimensional mirrors (300k mesos)... and the amount of damage u do to the boss will determine your ranking at the end of the day... the ranking will determine the reward which give varying amounts of candies and it is separate per character --- which is only fair since the DPS of each class varies...

it is not difficult to get to top 100 or even top 30... especially for some unpopular classes that doesn't have many top players... in fact some of these classes at this moment i don't think there are more than 100 active players above 120 doing the boss arena...

Also... if you have meister crafting... boss arena is also the best way to farm those unique/legend stones...
    Rewards: 400 (or more) candies per char per day (assuming top 100)

3) Mu Lung Dojo
    Gain points by clearing the Mu Lung Dojo bosses... the more often you clear the more points you get... the points are accumulated for a week and rewards are give up depending on your ranking...

This require alot more effort... top 1% can get 1500 candies and 5 miracle cubes... or top 50% get at least 1 miracle cube. I don't bother with Mu Lung Dojo much... hence i don't know how much it takes to get into top 1%... but getting top 50% is reasonably easy to achieve... but if you want to get top 100 i think it is pretty tough to compete with the VIP players...
    Rewards: 1 to 5 miracle cubes (Top 50%) or 5 chaos cubes (top 30), 1500 candies onwards (top 1%) per week per character...

i have now 5 mains (DS, AB, Kaiser, Xenon and Shade) that i can farm these with... so daily i get 1.5k candies from missions and around 3k candies from boss arena (i do this with a 6th character)... total of over 4k candies per day... on top of that... i now have 12 characters mostly in my own guild where i gain 3k candies per char per month... or 36k candies per month (average out about 1.2k candies per day) ... so total average i get per day is over 5k candies... :D

below is the candies i have now... this is certainly not all i have earned so far since i have spent some candies on pets... slot expansion... fashion eq etc already... but yeah VIP 0 with 65k candies... :D
    [​IMG]

i hope this guide will inspire more free to play players to continue playing...

lastly... an advertisement for my own guild AlwaysNoob... i created this guild when i realized i could farm candies from guild battles and i have many noobs whom i used mainly for storage (and farming low level spirit stones) that are not in any guilds... i didn't wan to join normal guilds when i have no intention to actively level these noobs... hence i decided to spend a bit of candies to create my own guild... so if you need a guild to farm those candies you can apply for my guild....
    more info here: http://pocketmaplestoryforum.com/th...arn-candies-alwaysnoob-will-take-you-in.1749/

regards,
    wacky

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  2. Anzkddude

Anzkddude New Member

Top 100 in dojo is very easy. Last time the number 100 person only had 5-6k points, so that's like 5 solos of 26-30. If you can only do 16-20, it's like 10 solos. If you go with a party that does about the same dps as you, then it will take even less runs. Easy 2k candy and 5 miracle cubes per week.

3. wacky

wacky Active Member

i guess it's relative...? i think out of this whole list top 100 in dojo is still the most difficult...

for me... i seldom party with ppl to go dojo since i don't have a regular period that i play and my DPS isn't exactly very high... so i normally solo... and it's hard to do 26-30... in the past i even have problems with 16-20 but my AB has improved much ever since she hit 100% crit (her SR does about 120k per line now)... but 10 solos for dojo just for 2k candies is still quite a alot of effort for me...

regards,
    wacky

Reallyspeed likes this.
  4. Anzkddude

Anzkddude New Member

Well it's like one per day and some days you might do 2, so it's really not that hard. And once you get full meister then you should be able to do 26-30 no problem.

5. Snailwatcher

Snailwatcher Active Member

This is a great compendium for players looking to earn their candy. Great job, @wacky !

emozaiii likes this.
  6. marksman bryan

marksman bryan Member

Thank you for this. It didn't click with me that I could do boss arena on multiple characters. This makes life so much easier for legendary and unique stones.

emozaiii likes this.
  7. Tyler

Tyler Active Member

Great work with this @wacky

emozaiii and Snailwatcher like this.
  8. wacky

wacky Active Member

hehe... guild season over... and with 3 more char slots means i earn 12 x 3k candies plus 12 x 5 miracle cubes this month... and with 5 main chars now farming for daily missions and boss arena means i earn around 4k candies per day excluding the candies from guild battles... and now i have over 120k candies (total i have earned is more since i have spent several tens of thousand candies already)... :D

[​IMG]

regards,
    wacky

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    emozaiii likes this.
  9. Roselleon

Roselleon New Member

Such an awesome guide. As someone who doesn't have a lot of money to spend (and wants to someday make my character stylish among other things) , this is extremely helpful for me. :)

emozaiii likes this.
  10. Snailwatcher

Just a little tip: Try not to spend candy on miracle cubes because you can get them from dojos and guild wars. Cubes are also usually given out during events. Have fun!

P.S. Never ever buy Advanced Enhancement Scrolls. Complete waste of candy.

emozaiii and wacky like this.
  11. Roselleon

Roselleon New Member

Oh haha thanks for the tips. I am more interested in fashion cosmetic stuff anyway tbh. And those item capsule machines.

emozaiii likes this.
  12. Snailwatcher

Item Capsule Machines are also a waste! Don't fall for it. Best gear is Meister and it can be obtain through hard work. All items that are in the item capsule machines can also be obtained in the advanced dungeons with the star on it.

emozaiii, wacky and Roselleon like this.
  13. Roselleon

Roselleon New Member

Oh boo. Thanks for letting me know! I'll just stick to cosmetics then and maybe save up for a pet. Any idea on which pet I should get? Or do all of them have the same abilities?

emozaiii likes this.
  14. Snailwatcher

I would recommend the pink dragon for item pickup. It's better than the yellow one. That's all you're going to need for now.

Everything else is kinda insignificant, especially for a beginner. The best pet for damage is the one that gives 3% Critical Attack Rate, but you need to have fully cubed gear with lots of Critical Attack Rate to actually notice a difference in damage.

emozaiii likes this.
  15. wacky

wacky Active Member

yup... i have never spent a single candy on miracle cubes even though i have farmed over 100k.. i did spend on chaos cubes though...

miracle (and chaos) cubes can also be obtained from the guild battle boxes... so are some adv enhancement scrolls...

regards,
    wacky

emozaiii likes this.