1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Going for +3 with normal scrolls

Discussion in 'Equipment & Skills' started by Diamorphine, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Diamorphine

Diamorphine Member

I've blown up enough good gear now to stay at +2 until I can buy some candy.

How do you all fare with me so only scrolls?

emozaiii likes this.
  2. Sonder

Sonder CEO

There is a higher chance of destroying the item, but you may be able to achieve it.

emozaiii likes this.
  3. iRTrollBKC

iRTrollBKC New Member

I find it completely random. First time I tried going for 3 on my weapon I got it the first try. Everything else failed at 2 (armor, rings) are numerous attempts.

4. Daffodil

Daffodil New Member

I tend to only go for +2. I've tried for +3 a few times but it always blows up my gear :(

5. bobbyskeeez

bobbyskeeez New Member

I've done +3 on multiple items. Always scrolling when I have 2 similar items, and occasionally switching off as I scroll

6. Diamorphine

Diamorphine Member

I've been doing this lately and certain items seem to +3 easier. Whereas some hardly get a +2

7. Diamorphine

Diamorphine Member

i wanted to add that i have gotten quite a few +3's and even a +4 or two now so if you are lucky you dont need the candy scrolls

8. Animu619

Animu619 New Member

I agree with Diamorphine. I've gotten many +3 and even got a +4. I don't know why but, in my case, I have noticed higher odds of getting +3 after the scroll "doesn't work" (no succeed or failure message)

9. Demonocchio

Demonocchio Active Member

I spent 500k getting my jewelry to +3. So many Mesos spent. One good thing, my HP regen ring actually got to +4.

10. Diamorphine

Diamorphine Member

Exactly. I spend a few million mesos and it's easy to get my kaiser gear scrolled past +2 as it's cheaper.

Even with a DB I can farm enough mesos for it. After blowing up the top for my 120 rare set though I'm pissed. Lost like a +70 or more att bonus and can't get a new one to fuse.

Seems rares blow up easier and might even have something to do with level. OR i'm crazy and it is totally random, you just need luck.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    emozaiii likes this.
  11. alexhwang1479

alexhwang1479 New Member

First, I am currently enjoying playing Pocket Maple Story (American Version) and do not mind spending money on candies. However, there were some problems I have noticed which makes me unhappy after all. To tell little bit of myself I am originally from Korea (So please if you spot any grammatical mistakes, understand with your best heart). Back to my point, I think Nexon is treating users from the Korea and America in different ways. First of all, as far as I believe, American users cannot trade nor exchange items with other users. Secondly, in Korean Pocket Maplestory server when upgrading an item with regular enhancement scrolls (that can be purchased with meso). The item does not get destroyed through the process. If Nexon does really think of users outside of Korea and wants to promote their game industry over the world, perhaps, it must make some improvements for the users outside of Korea.

emozaiii and Yuval like this.
  12. James

James Member

I have notice the rate of success for advanced enhancement scroll is better than normal enhancement scroll for +4 until +6.
    It's quite worth to get the advanced enhancement scroll instead of using candies to restore your item (Higher grade equipment) after blow up by using enhancement scroll.

13. afsgfd

afsgfd Active Member

Personally, I'd recommend scrolling a level 8 crafted magic ring to +3/+4 first. Since you can always craft them, why not risk it? It has 3 STR bonus for the better rings.

Then cube it all the way to 6/6 and share with all your newbie characters whenever you want :) Great for early game/when new characters come out. Alternatively you could do this with a level 1 crafted ring.

emozaiii and wacky like this.
  14. Tyler

Tyler Active Member

Spreading the scrolling out over a few days or weeks also helps to increase the rate of success. Say you scroll something to +2 wait a week then go for +3, it seems to have a much higher chance of succeeding!

Source: I scroll items constantly

emozaiii likes this.
  15. gankmebabe

gankmebabe Active Member

3 meso scrolls and 160 candy scrolls total to get my +12.

My experience. So each +12 item is about 600$.

So get your wallet ready if you want to go full +12 sets which add crazy amounts of all stats

emozaiii likes this.
  16. Carsonel

Carsonel New Member

I know this is pretty old but I was just fooling around and scrolled my lvl40 weapon (+2 already) and managed to get a +3.

My lvl48 +2 blew up however

But it only took 3-4 tries to get a lvl48 weapon to +3 I think I have 3 other +3s too.

I know I always manage to get lucky pretty much in everything, is +3 really that hard?

Screw going for +4 w regular scrolls then