1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Death Penalties Should be Removed | Don't you agree?

Discussion in 'General' started by Apex, Nov 10, 2015.

Do you agree that it should be removed or cut down by 5%?

1. YES!

77.6%
  2. No because I love raging!

22.4%
  1. Apex

Apex Secretly Batman...

Hey Guys! Kinda new here but anyways I am starting a Don't you agree thing where basically I find something in the game that should be changed and state my opinions on why they should either be changed or remove. Feel free to reply and tell me whether you agree or not. These are all my opinions. I will respect yours so please do respect mine. For my first topic, it would be about the penalties on losing messos and xp when you die. Now, when you die a couple of times, it gets really annoying. Don't you agree? What the devs decided to do is put death penalties to make you rage even more. Now 10% for most of you would be nothing. I recently got 200k messos from the log in event (Thanks for that devs :3) And a couple of deaths later, I am not at 120k left. This is really annoying for me and sometimes when I am about to level up, I get killed by a stump and my xp goes down. I have to kill more mushrooms again yay! What I think the developers should do is perhaps cut it down to 5% or remove this system entirely. Keep the other two options they are useful for boss fights. Reply down below and tell me what you think. Thanks for taking your time to read this thread! More Don't you agree topics coming soon so stay tuned!

Twitch and Verdant like this.
  2. Maniac

Maniac Well-Known Member

I think it's a good penalty, keeps you on your toes to make sure you don't die. and 10% is alot more for some of us higher lvls, true enough we don't use much mesos at the moment but trades will be implemented in the near future.

RameRawr, Twitch and Sonder like this.
  3. elyasafko

elyasafko New Member

so dont die lol...lvl up and upgrade your gear..

4. goldenstar

goldenstar New Member

I just used all my gold on the random item thingy.
    There are actually pretty good high level items it gives, though it's a bit costly.
    It's better than losing all your mesos to dying though.

Twitch likes this.
  5. Apex

Apex Secretly Batman...

hehe tbh I agree abit with you. I get scared dying so I kinda try my best to stay alive.

Twitch, Naruto and Verdant like this.
  6. Apex

Apex Secretly Batman...

Twitch and Verdant like this.
  7. CardWise

CardWise New Member

Not particularly. The messo drop is a little harsh in my opinion. I'd drop it to %5 in any case.

8. eXe

eXe New Member

I wouldn't say remove death penalty but at least let players store their mesos in warehouse/bank/whatever. Exp penalty is common is most MMOs and it should not be touched in my humble opinion.

Baby Chicken likes this.
  9. SS4TWISTED

SS4TWISTED New Member

Hp steal items and such make life so much easier with that. Also demon slayers have that hp steal lvl 10 job charm that steals, im 79 and still use that to help me stay alive. Lol

10. Blitx

Blitx New Member

I think they should take away to meso penalty. But keep the exp penalty keeps the game balanced.

11. Sonder

Sonder CEO

Nexon is trying to implement GMS into the pocket version; this is why the penalty exists.

Naruto likes this.
  12. Verdant

Verdant New Member

Hi what is gms?

13. Verdant

Verdant New Member

What is gms?

Naruto likes this.
  14. Maniac

Maniac Well-Known Member

GMS = Global MapleStory, it's the North American version of the desktop game.

Naruto and Sonder like this.
  15. Blueberryx3

Blueberryx3 New Member

I agree, but losing mesos and exp makes you play more carefully. It also gets harder to gain back the exp you lost when you're at a high level but there's always auto combat and the flipping your screen so that somewhat covers for the lost exp. Losing mesos is sort of harsh because I spend most of my mesos on potions and its sad that I have 50k and only 30 potions left :'(

Twitch likes this.
  16. AmyRose

AmyRose New Member

TBH I would like only the meso penalty to be removed because having 1 million mesos and dying can cost you quite a bit when you start to go into the level 130+ areas, since you can't store your mesos into the storage. Exp is normal to lose since GMS has this but GMS does not have a meso penalty, so I don't know why pocket has it.

Twitch likes this.
  17. Lordwind

Lordwind New Member

Idc about the death penalty. I care more about the exp and eventually we can store our meso. In some mmorpg you will lose some money, exp and loots all at the same time

-_-"

18. Darryltzl

Darryltzl Member

In korean version, we have pets that specifically reduced death penalty (maybe) that cost around 100~300 candies.

19. Zenion

Zenion New Member

I will recommend saving the candy you get from events and Buy the baby dragon pet and the pink bean pet, so you don't run into the death penalty as frequent.

While I play as my AB I run soul buster +1 and hp steal +2 equips and I play auto combat and just frequently tap soul buster and it out heals all mob damage I intake so I save so much gold by doing this, when I sleep I make sure I have 500-600 HP potions that heal for 1k hp per pot and set my setting for pink bean to 33% HP so when I sleep i have pink bean healing me and my HP Steal +2 and have my dragon loot everything so I make back most of the gold I spent on the potions (generally I wake up from sleeping with over 300-400potions left) I also have a +3 HP regen ring that heals me for 146/10secs

Currently I can only assist with AB class at the moment while my Demon Slayer is 100% auto-combatting with Full Dex stats (increases crit rate)

My demon slayer I don't worry about potions for everything hits 1 damage on him I just use my +3 HP regen ring for the counter for all the ones they hit. This class is 100% afkable.

Both classes that I have listed above have made over 1.5mil mesos today from afk farming so maybe you actually spend a day auto-combatting and watching using skills when needed for healing to get your bank up to actually enchant your items so you don't get slammed to shit and die.

- hopefully I can assist you better if needed!

20. KjE

KjE New Member

Yeah i dont usually die cause the penalty is a good choice but if youre afraid of tour mesos getting eaten up then spend them on pots cause thats what youll only need with mesos oh yeah and dungeon mirrors