Beginner's Mega Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by derpydm, Nov 28, 2016.

1. derpydm

derpydm Member

Welcome to the Beginner's Guide, made by........
    (<----------- look there!)

(note: will contain some spoilers, however most characters have similar storylines)

This guide will introduce you to the basics of each class, and everything you'll need to get started mapling on your phone! (or at least, whatever you're playing on.)

So, you just created an account. After logging in and all of that, you'll arrive at a screen with 3 (or 6, depends on where you're playing) "empty slots". Go ahead, tap on any slot that want to create your character on!
    Now, you'll get to choose what class you want.

What class should I choose then?
    Well, frankly, it's up to you. However, some classes are harder to do for a first class. This is due to funding.
    Funding? What's that?
    "Funding" is used as a term to well, literally fund by buying (mainly) potions and certain candy items (miracle/chaos cubes, scrolls, etc.) I will talk about this in a future section.

Alright then, what class should I choose?
    As I already have said, it's your choice to choose whichever class you want to try.

What's the best class for that "funding" thing you're talking about?

Here are my recommendations for your first class:

Angelic Buster
    You play as Tear, daughter of the Nova Victoria. Out to recover stolen relics from the "badguy" Magnus after accidentally absorbing one herself.
    The Angelic Buster has extremely high DPS when combined with her main bossing skill, "Soul Resonance" (upwards of 200k per hit with proper equipment/buffs). Her skills do not use MP. Instead, after using skills, she has to "recharge" before using them again. Normal attacks and skills all have the chance to cause a "recharge".
    PROS:
    - Great for auto combat with the flip auto trick: http://pocketmaplestoryforum.com/threads/phone-flip-trick.63/
    - Extremely versatile: Can be tanky (at least up until Mushroom Kingdom, I'll cover that later.),
    and also can hit like a truck.
    CONS:
    - You can't exactly have the best of both worlds with this class. If you want DPS, you have to deal with being squishy (level 130+ armor helps with this quite a bit) and vice versa.
    - Unless you want to cube your level 150 rare set (the absolute minimum you should use miracle cubes on), which IMO is quite a waste, you'll probably have to put some points into LUK in order to max your critical rate (which significantly plays a part in increasing DPS.)
    STATS
    - STR: Increases Defense and Max HP (and also attack, however not as frequently as DEX.)
    - DEX: The main stat. Increases basically every stat except for Max HP/MP (Attack being the main one, with the others being added every now and then).
    - LUK: Increases Evasion and Critical Attack rate.
    - INT: Increases Max MP (useless) and Mastery (not needed for AB). Do not put any points into INT for an Angelic Buster.

Guide and skill build for an Angelic Buster: http://pocketmaplestoryforum.com/threads/angelic-buster.69/

Demon Slayer
    You play as Aliyah, trying to regain her memories after she battled the priest Arkarium, who was trying to revive the Black Mage.
    With the appropriate build, the Demon Slayer can even Auto Combat against endgame mobs (even without VIP buffs).
    Pros:
    - Tanky (It is entirely possible to AC enemies ~20 levels above you (abit of an overestimate.
    this may not always be the case.)
    - High base evasion
    Cons:
    - Even with builds made for max damage, DPS is extremely low.

- Rather hard to train

STATS
    Refer to the Angelic Buster stats. Keep in mind that Demon Slayers require MP for skills.
    This does not mean you should add points to INT for Demon Slayers.

Skill build for Demon Slayers: http://pocketmaplestoryforum.com/threads/demon-slayer-build-s.68/
    Unfunded 130+ AC guide: http://pocketmaplestoryforum.com/th...d-demon-slayer-to-auto-combat-at-mk-lkc.1734/

These are the two classes I recommend for starters.

Mastery? Critical Attack Rate? Evasion? What are these?
    Here's an explanation of all the stats.
    ATT: Your attack. How much damage you deal is mainly drawn from this value.
    DEF: Your defense. How much damage you take is drawn from this value.
    Accuracy: How accurate your attacks are (how many misses there will be).
    Evasion: How likely you are to dodge an attack.
    Mastery: Raises minimum damage. All classes will benefit from this stat, however raising ATT will probably increase damage more than this stat will.
    Max HP/MP: Your maximum amount of HP/MP.

Alright, you've created your class. Skip the tutorial. Now, like MapleStory on PC, this game has a Gachapon system. The game gives you 1 free ticket to try it. Go to town and click on the capsule machine (alternatively, click on Candy Shop and navigate to Capsule Machine). You should be on the "Premium" tier. If not, switch to it. Click on the "00~80" and set it to "81~120".

There are three tiers of capsules:
    Super Premium: 1-150 Rare-Legend (5000 candy per pull)
    Premium: 1-120 Common-Legend (1000 candy per pull)
    Regular: 1-120 Common-Rare (5000 meso per pull)

But I'm not above level 120 yet!
    While that is true, IF you do get something good, at least it will be a better piece of equipment.
    Draw a capsule from the category you want (I reccomend that you choose Accesories, as all classes can equip them. Now, check the rarity of the item.

It says "Legend".
    You're lying.

No, really!
    Well, that means you get extremely lucky. Legend items are the best of the bunch (untrue, there's another class that is better, but is extremely rare, and can only be found in dungeons).

Do they give me hacks once I equip them? They look normal to me.
    No. What they give are additional stats. These stats may range from the normal ones (STR, LUK, etc.) to exclusive ones (Magic Guardian, Anti-slip, etc).
    Here's a list of the more important ones:
    - Normal Stats (Mastery, LUK, Evasion, etc.)
    - Critical Attack Rate (Correction, this and normal crit rate are different stats. Increases critical damage.)

Now, there are different rarities. Here are all of them:
    Common: Can be found in capsule pulls, shops, dungeons and monster drops. No additional stats.
    Magic: Can be found from capsule pulls, dungeons and monster drops in some areas. 1 additional stat.
    Rare: Can be found from dungeons and capsule pulls. 2 additional stats.
    Unique: Can be found from Premium/SuperPremium capsules/level 130 dungeons. 3 additional stats.
    Legend: Can be found from Premium/SuperPremium capsules/level 130 dungeons. 4 additional stats.
    Relic: Can be found from Advanced dungeons (lvl 120/130). 5 additional stats.

Anything above Rare binds when you equip them. You cannot sell or transfer them until you use a Scissors of Karma on the item to unbind it.

Relics cannot be fused.

I've reached level 10. What's this subclass crafting? Which one should I choose? What's these spirit stones?
    Choose what you want. Make sure you actually want it. To reset you have to pay 100 candies. You'll have a crafting mastery. You can raise your mastery limit at 80 and 160 mastery. Once you get to 300, you unlock Meister Crafting. Spirit Stones are used as materials for crafting items.
    You can fuse items through the crafting merchant. You cannot get unique or legend equipment that is above level 120. 2 items is the maximum you should use for fusing. Only the highest rarity matters. You do not need to do any fusing tricks (only fuse with 1 rarity below, etc). They will not increase your chances. It is possible for items to degrade after fusing. The item you get will be 1 tier below the highest rarity in that fuse. The same rules apply when an item upgrades to 1 tier above the highest rarity in a fuse.

Big Headward?
    Big Headward changes the aesthetics of your character. If you have tickets, or and spare the candy, go ahead and try your luck.
    Big Headward guide: http://pocketmaplestoryforum.com/threads/big-headwards-beauty-salon.139/

You missed something!/What's this?
    Tell me below, I'll add it in another part.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    emozaiii, PrincessTima and Taka like this.
  2. derpydm

derpydm Member

reserved for future parts

emozaiii likes this.
  3. PrincessTima

PrincessTima New Member

Love the awesome guide! This will sure to help many new players!

Also, note that new players get 6 slots in global now, but I don't know if other versions are the same.

-PrincessTima

4. derpydm

derpydm Member

6000 candies per unlock with 6 slots unlocked in Global.
    3k per unlock with 3 slots unlocked in SEA.

5. DaFoWaxNex

DaFoWaxNex Member

I knew it! Nexon lied to me. I sent a ticket to them and this is their respond;

I told them to give 3 free slots to old player because it is unfair that new player has 6 slots.

IHATETHEMNOW

6. derpydm

derpydm Member

Are you playing on SEA?

7. DaFoWaxNex

DaFoWaxNex Member

Nope

8. derpydm

derpydm Member

welp rip